Teams

Options
Good morning, all!

I'm new here, just signed up yesterday and still finding my way around.

In this forum I see several topics that have team names in them. Since there is no search feature, I can't look for more info without having to go through hundreds, perhaps thousands of mgs.

Can someone clue me in?

ETA: Ok, I just found search feature on main forum page, so I'm off to do some searching now!

PS: Why isn't search feature available on all forum pages?

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    There are the Biggest Loser Teams, which are based on the Biggest Loser show. These teams have different color names, such as the Blue Team, Black Team, Purple Team, etc. They have different challenges very week.

Then there are the Walking/Running Teams, such as Couch to 5K, the Woggers, MFP Runners Club, MFP Walkers club.

There are also a lot of teams for specific things, like Amazing Amazons, which is a group for tall women, the Wii Fit team, which is for people who have Wii Fit, the Over 50 group, which is for people over 50, the over 200 group, which is for people over 200 (pounds, not years!:laugh: ).

There are tons of teams that are there to help you lose weight. The no late night snacking thread helps you . . . well, it's pretty obvious:wink: . The 100 pushups thread is based on a website that helps you be able to do 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks.

My Fitness Pal is a great website. Good luck!:flowerforyou:

P. S. Sorry if I left any team out. There are so many!:smile:
  • Ldyjarhead
    Ldyjarhead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, but how do you find the teams? Why not a forum just for teams, so they'd be easier to find?

If you don't know what's out there, how can you find it?
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Most teams are listed under Motivation and Support. I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Because this site is free, it is a basic (although WONDERFUL!!) site.

You will find that when you ask a question in Tech...one of us oldies will answer:wink:

So, we as members make our own teams. I happen to be on the Black Team. Anyone is welcome, and some ppl just lurk and drop a line now and then when the conversation gets interesting.

There are no rules with TEAMS it is just a group of like minded ppl there to support each other.

Also there are threads that are recurring such as What Have You Done Today to Make You Feel Proud!!
    AKA Proud thread. It keeps rolling over because ppl keep posting ONE thing they feel proud of that day! ( Oh how I love the PROUD thread!!)

There is the threads about somethign/nothing which are just chat threads with no real purpose but to talk to friends, joke around and blow off some steam.

SO jump right in , the waters fine!!!

:drinker: Jeannie