"Fully Trimmed" Beef Brisket Question!

Options
gamommy
gamommy Posts: 131 Member
I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. When a cut of meat is packaged as "fully trimmed", what exactly does this mean?

I found a recipe on skinnytaste.com for a braised brisket with potatoes & carrots. The recipe calls for a 5lb brisket trimmed of all fat. It also states on the nutritional info for a serving of the final dish to have only 6.6g of fat/serving. Well, the "fully trimmed" brisket I purchased has nutritional info on the package that lists it with 30g of fat/ 4oz serving. Obviously the final result of plugging all the info into MFP's recipe calculator lists the final serving (with other ingredients) as having like 57 g of fat/serving. This is obviously way different from the 6.6 g listed on the website recipe's info.

Assuming I trim the meat further to remove any visible fat before I cook it, how exactly would I enter this into MFP's recipe database?

*YES this is a double post. I posted in Nutrition too because I wasn't sure which category would be more applicable.