SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! June 7th

Options
Morning.

Today is a Bikram class at 4, and my standard walking all over the place because I don't have a car.:tongue:

My allergies are kicking in . . .do sneezing fits count as cardio?

Itchy eyes boogaloo.

Take care.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Today is bike to the store or go to the gym, then yoga. We plan on seeing "Up" today and maybe go out to eat - Ethiopian food is in the cards, I believe.. I'm always divided between seeing the movie for less money and the fact that I'm not crazy about seeing movies in the afternoon.

Did well at a potluck party last night. I brought a big salad (greens, strawberries, and goat cheese - try it - it doesn't need dressing) and had that, some fruit and a few tortilla chips. There were cookies, key lime pie, and a cake - didn't have any of it. I believe at first you must resist, then it becomes natural not to eat it.

Minor victories boogaloo!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mary, great job at the potluck. I go through phases where it is easier to leave things alone (actually think about whether I want it, and then choose no) versus feeling this weird compulsion to try everything even when it isn't that tasty. I loved 'Up', although I'm am really sentimental (translation: I cried my eyes out). We just got strawberries, so I think I am going to have to make your salad. Maybe I'll toss some pecans on there, too.

This has been kind of a busy week for me. I did work out (cardio) on T,W,Th, and spent a fair amount of time walking around yesterday. But I still haven't done pushups or any other strength work. I probably need to stay away from the sugar for a while because I've been craving it after the birthday weekend. Today I am working on my home theater project, and hopefully going for a walk/hike around a really old cemetery. And I'm going to test pushups right now!

Upper body boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    CP - I usually put pecans, almonds or walnuts in there as well. Sometimes the sugared ones :bigsmile:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Argh, wishing I had been as successful as resisting. I did not make good choices at a BBQ last night AND had a piece of chocolate cake for breakfast this morning!

So I'm strapping on my HRM and am biking to "the stairs" to get my butt in gear. Goal is to burn 1000 calories one way or another today.

Besides that, other goals:
    ~ No drinks on the date tonight
    ~ Vitamins
    ~ Drink my water!
    ~ Give away the rest of the leftover cake or throw it away -- I need it OUT of the house!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's my cheat day! I have to behave until next Sunday! I told my DH it's cheat day and he said, "You've been saying that everyday!" I've tried to have a cheat day three times this week, but they never worked out! :wink: But today is a cheat day most likely. I had too much at lunch. It was good though.
    We may walk to the store (up and down hills, 2.6 miles) later this evening. I hope I can jog a little while walking. Next to my husband I am kind of like a Chihuahua walking beside a black lab. :laugh: He's not that much taller than me but he does have a longer stride.
    I hope you all are having a great weekend! I may take a little siesta on the couch right now. :tongue: Feeling a little sleepy. :yawn:
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I may take a little siesta on the couch right now. :tongue: Feeling a little sleepy. :yawn:
    MM

LOL. . .that's what I did instead of yoga this afternoon. I'm going to Bikram tomorrow instead. (I just got my teaching schedule, so I have to change up my bikram schedule).

Oh, and yes, that's right, I got my new teaching schedule about 12 hours before I have to start it. A new record! This is when I recognize that I know my stuff, because although that annoys me, it doesn't panic me. I can teach this stuff cold.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I think I should limit my cheat days to once a month. :tongue: When you allow yourself a cheat day, so you eat whatever you want without pigging out? Or do you still have a calorie limit? So far my cals are over 2,000. I haven't had a day like that in a couple weeks.
    MM