lost fat and gained muscle?

Options
Is it possible that in the 21 days since I started Insanity that I could've gained back 3 lbs that I lost, but as muscle? I've lost another 1" in my waist and all my clothes are falling off so I know I didn't gain back fat. But is that really possible in just 3 weeks to gain 3 lbs of muscle?
Thanks Jess

Replies

• juliagulia624
    Options
    I would really like to know this myself. I started "New Rules of Lifting for Women" a couple of months ago and I have only lost 2 pounds but my old clothes fit like I have lost alot more. And I have been lifting pretty heavy but still eating at a deficit and most people say you can only gain muscle while eating at a calorie surplus. I do not think this applies when you start a new program though and your muscles are shocked. I think it is definitely some muscle.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    No.

Water retention, your period, sodium intake, a crap you have yet to take. Those are the likely reasons.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    No.

Water retention, your period, sodium intake, a crap you have yet to take. Those are the likely reasons.
    This
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Sorry it is not possible to gain 3 pounds of muscle that fast. Most weight gain when starting an exercise routine is water. It is to help with recovering from the workouts.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your body fat percentage along with your weight? I think there's a good chance you could've gotten some of that back as muscle. Are you stronger than you were? Three pounds of muscle in that time is a lot, but that doesn't mean you haven't gained at least some muscle.

Your weight itself is just a number. As long as you're feeling and looking more and more the way you want to then I wouldn't worry about it.