65 lbs and losing steam (with pics if I can figure out how t

Options
I’m having a hard time after two years and 65 lbs getting any further. I’m trying but I’m losing steam fast. May 2010 I was 268 lbs. Now I’m 203 and I’m stuck. Haven’t lost any weight since Thanksgiving but I’m back at it after a slight slump. Just gotta get the momentum back. I've been doing Zumba for over a year. I used to do it 4-5 times a week now I'm lucky to go 2. I've been walking 2-3 miles a day 3 times a week. I did the gym thing but stopped last October because it was just too boring. I've come way to far to stop now I just didn't expect it to take so darn long.

What do you do when you hit a really long plateau?

Replies

• Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Someone on here recommended a book to me. "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I lost a bit of weight on my own and kind of got stuck, much earlier than you did. I have only been at the weight training for a few weeks and the results are amazing! The lbs aren't coming down, in fact they are going up a bit, but the inches are coming off and the body fat going down. It is definitely worth a read. Try to change up what you are doing. Likely your body has adjusted and you need something more challenging to jump start your metabolism again.
    Hang in there, we are all here for you!:happy:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit a long plateau yet, the most i've stayed at a weight was a month then i started losing again. I just try to keep at it and not give up. I also try to look at what i was eating when i was losing compared to what I have been eating while not losing see if it's changed.
    Now to be able to post pics you have to [i m g] http://imagelocation.jpg.com[ / i m g] without the spaces.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Upped my calories to about 1700 or so a day. I glanced at your diary and noticed that you aren't eating very much. Your metabolism has probably slowed waaay down. You might want to consider eating more. We weigh the same (203) and I'm 5' 8.5 inches by the way. You might gain a little once you start eating more, but then you should start losing again...hopefully. It might take a month or so until you start losing again.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can see pics on my blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/angeleyes4643

Thanks for the input. I was eating a bit more but this week I've kind of cut back a bit hoping to convince my brain that I dont' need 2000 calories a day...lol

I think maybe you're right in that my body has gotten used to the routine. Sounds like it is time to hit the gym again for strength training.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I second the upping of calories. Looks like you are mostly too low on them (some up days but still). Figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat somewhere between that, instead of the "1200" calories. You are now entering "slower loss" land, sorry :/
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When I was in the 170's it felt like it took forever to get out of that range... but I amped up my workouts; added a day and challenged myself to get up at 3:50 am to workout before work. The key is your mindset... get a vision of what you want to look like; post it up and go after it. I had a dress that I wanted to get into; I'm in it; now its another dress and my swim suit. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!