it's not been good...

daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so I have been on vacation all week and the first half of it I have done well with eating. The last half, not so much. My youngest sister is graduating high school and I have been helping my mom get everything ready. So that means lots of food, and not the healthiest food either. She doesn't keep hardly anything healthy at her house and I have been there a lot latley. I have thought about bringing my own food but that seems wierd. So anyway hopefully today is the last day of crap eating and I can get back on the bandwagon on Monday. Anyway, I just had to tell someone so I fell somewhat guilty and dont totally stuff myself this afternoon after the graduation:)

Replies

• metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Hey Daisy, I bring a back pack of my own food with me just about everywhere I go so that I am covered. I never feel rude in the process. You should never feel like you are being rude for taking care of the only body you are ever going to get :)
  • kevin831
    kevin831 Posts: 12 Member
    Well, we just got back from vacation also this week. I did try to make good choices most of the time, but like you it wasn't always easy. It is hard to find practical choices sometimes. I only gained two lbs this week. I made time to go workout most days when the grand kids were down for naps to make up for it. Like you I will get back on track this week and get back to eating normal again. Don't be frustrated as sometimes stuff just happens. A vaction is a good thing for your inner self to rejuvenate itself. Be grateful for the time spent with family and to be there to share the moments. That is the way I looked at it. I enjoyed the precious time with the kids & grand kids. Life is to short not to enjoy these times.
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Bringing you own food isn't weird. It's call Prepared. Do it anyway.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    if you know you are traveling somewhere and the food choices are not healthy then you have to prepare yourself.

I take my kids to the beach every summer for 10 days and we go to the same place each year. I know what's available to eat and I choose accordingly but I also bring an ice chest full of fruit, veggies and water so when we are on the beach we have some good healthy choices and can stay longer because no one gets hungry. Another advantage is no one is starving when we are done and wiser choices are made at dinner time too :wink:
This discussion has been closed.