I like to eat, eat, eat Apples....

Options

Replies

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I've had the apples and bananas song stuck in my head for the last week or so, and I surely haven't heard it or even read it since I was small. Eerie :p

As for apples, I like whatever apple is on sale, as long as it isn't one of those soft ones like Macantosh. My taste buds are too moronic to really decipher too much difference.

That is hilarious, I have had it stuck in my head lately too. I was singing it last night and my husband asked if I had just made it up because I love those things. I assured him that I had not, I had heard it many, many years ago when my now 19 year old son, was small, watching Barney (Shudder).

I youtubed it and played it for him. Now he sings it too! lol
  • cvricks
    cvricks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL! I was apple w/ peanut butter as I read this! Try a Jazz apple....delicious!
  • cvricks
    cvricks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooops eating!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ambrosia apples are definitely my favorite. Followed by Fujis. Interesting to see people talking about Granny Smiths, as those are baking apples, and aren't really meant for out of hand eating.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pink lady and honeycrisp! Mmmmm....and with peanut butter.....*drools.......
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I like Braeburn apples. Nice and crunchy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braeburn
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Try a Jazz apple....delicious!
    I just discovered Jazz apples a couple of weeks ago and believe I have a new favorite! Before, I either bought Galas or Granny Smiths.
  • garnetgazm
    Options
    I love golden delicious apples yummmm but I hate the red apples and I only like granny Smith if its peeled sliced and with lemon and lemon salt on it
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    LOL! I was apple w/ peanut butter as I read this! Try a Jazz apple....delicious!

My hubby does all the grocery shopping and brings me one or two new apples each week or so. This week, he actually did bring me a Jazz apple. I have not tried it yet but, I think I will this afternoon. Thanks!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple nearly every day! Pink Ladies are very good with peanut butter. I also really like empire apples, if you can find them. They are very deep red and and you can make Star Wars jokes about them.
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    Most of my friends know me well enough to know I have an addiction to apples and peanut butter. I eat it at least once a day for my snack. I have been on a search, a quest of sorts, to find the PERFECT tasting apple. I have been trying different varieties and here is what I have found. I like slightly sweet but, not too sweet. I do not care for tart at all. I love Fuji, Gala and Honeycrisp. My husband swears by these GREEN Granny Smith apples so, today I tried one instead of my usuals. I have to tell you, I HATED it. I'm not sure what it was about it, tartness perhaps? But, it just was not good. I ate it because I'm not wasteful but, I'll not eat another. What type of apple is your favorite and why? I want to try more! Muhahahaha

boooooooooooo on the green apples, so not good, too sour for me!!!!
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Piñata apple

Directly from FB page: Pinata is a new apple variety from Washington state. It's a cross between Golden Delicious, Cox's Orange Pippin and the Duchess of Oldenburg varieties.

I found them at Wal-Mart and they come in a zippered bag. They are a little smaller than a regular apple but they brand them so kids eat them. There always crisp and I have to say I like them better than red delicious.

Here is a link to their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PinataApple
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When you can get them, nothing beats English Cox! NOM
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I AM THE APPLE QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN i eat way too many a day. my tennis team dubbed me `horse` because of it. i love the red delicious, so crunchy and crispy. but jazz apples take the cake!
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cant eat apples anymore, but when i did, i preferred Granny Smith or a barely ripe Golden Delicious (when they still have that slightly green tint).

I usually eat my fruit (except berries) with salt or salt/lemon pepper blend. Salt brings out the sweetness of the apples.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    HONEYCRISP!!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love gala and I second grapples!!!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I loved red delicious apples. Close seconds are honey crisp and New York Empire.
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady. Sweet, but not too sweet with a little bit of sour. Perfect.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a new one to recommend, but like you, I prefer Galas and Fujis. That's all I ever eat. :smile:

Funny thing is, when I was growing up in Michigan, the only apples we ever had around the house were those darn Red Delicious kind, which are okay, but they're kind of "blah" tasting, IMO.

It wasn't until many years later that I discovered Gala and Fuji, both of which are just about perfect, as apples go.