I can't stop eating Chocolate!!! Or sweets!! :(

Options
UGH! I need help! I love the stuff. Give me chocolate cake or cookies and milk over steak and taters, and fried chicken! lol I can live off sweets! I'm trying SO hard and have been doing better, untill I walked by my coworkers desk and grabed 4 pices of Chocolate!
:( how do you not eat it!? And I'm just thinking about tonight when I get home and watch some tv, I'll have some icecream and peach cobbler...I figure it's better for me not to eat sweets throughout the day so I won't feel so bad at night lol, I'd rather save it for night anyways.
But what do you do for the cravings, and the wanting and desire/lust lol of chocolate and candy and stuff? Please help:(

Replies

• aprilrose09
    Options
    If you feel that you absolutely MUST have something sweet...try those calorie packs. The ones with cookies and brownies in them. That helped me out with my cravings before. Or I would pick a healthier snack like cut up some apples and put them on a plate and only eat those. They are great for snacking on while watching tv.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I let myself have something sweet once a week. I've also been looking up healthy dessert recipes. Willpower! Good luck!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat it :) I just make sure to keep in moderation and to log it.

Some good ways to get your fix without going overboard are to eat healthier, chocolate snacks:

Chocolate Fiber Bars
    100 calorie packs
    low fat pudding
    smart ones sundaes
    etc, etc, etc.

By eating those, I get a little chocolate/sweet fix without ruining my whole day of calories. Also check out the recipe section on here, people post some amazing low cal/low fat desert recipes :) Good luck!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Of course you can stop eating chocolate and sweets! Simply don't put them in your mouth. If you feel they are too much temptation, then why have them in your house?

But even if they are in the house, you can not eat them if you really don't want to eat them. Sweets are not going to stalk you and jump in your mouth. You have to make the decision to eat them ... or not.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocolate junkie...I will buy the mini candy bars and have one a day. Ihave found that the Cocoa Roasted Almonds do wonders for curing a sweet tooth and have health benefits...you could also eat fruits. :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Start gradually cutting back. There is nothing for it but willpower. After you start cutting back, the cravings will lessen, it just takes a while. I used to eat tons of baked goods and I still have sweets when I want them, but I decide when that will be. It's nice not to be a slave to the cravings.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth, and the greatest gift I gave myself was to get it out of my environment. As soon as I bring it in the house, I'm gonna eat all of it in a short amount of time.

As far as at work, it's hard to control what other people have around, so I made a rule to not eat it. I keep cocoa almonds at my desk to munch on. It makes it easier to have a "no sweets at work" rule because then there is no room for negotiation.

I also watch my carbs. I don't do low carb, but I limit myself to a healthy amount. That way, if I want something sweet, I can plan for it, eat a reasonable portion, and move on.

These things help to take the emotions out of it for me.

Good luck!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing for a while!
    My first motivation was that it wouldn't fit into my calorie limits (I was at 1200 at the time).
    So I stuck to fun size and tried to really enjoy it while I was eating it.
    I stopped buying it so it wasn't at home. Its a lot easier to say no to it in the store than in the freezer.
    I switched to fat free frozen yogurt and kept the scoops small.
    It took a lot of control.
    My last job had lots of treats just lying around as well and I had to make an effort to not go look or check out what people have brought in. Not knowing whats there makes it easier to think that its not appetizing.
    Finally I gave up all candy for lent (my religious commitments helped a lot).
    Easter morning I mowed down on Starburst jellybeans and 2 carbury caramel eggs.
    And felt like CRAP for the rest of the day.
    I just remember that feeling when ever I think I want candy.
  • LovelyMe88
    LovelyMe88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is not bad, its a great source of antioxidants... in moderation though =)
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    i honestly understand.. just a second ago I ate a small bit of easter egg, then returned and ate the whole thing and then the chocolate bar that came with it inside!!

I've learnt that if i don't have it I won't obsess over it, if i eat a small bit I need to eat the whole thing. :frown:
  • kcashwheeler
    kcashwheeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem was giving up alcohol... I liked my wine in the evenings... I'm sorry I don't any real good advice for curbing cravings, but when I get a sweet tooth I usually get some red hots (candy) our of my spice cabinet and suck on those- that helps me get past it. Sometimes if there is really something I want that I know isn't good for me I just have a little then log it and move on so I can get it off my mind. I know it's daunting. Work on will power and Good Luck!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I always have sugar free jello and fat free cool whip made and ready. It gives me a sweet desert without many calories just to take the edge off. Oh, in the recipe section look for the chocolate molton lava cake recipe...awesome for the chocolate fix. I always add strawberries and cool whip to it to make it a 'larger' dessert. :)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I also started buying expensive rich dark chocolate and I would get over my cravings with less because its so rich and yummy.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging my food for the day really helps me. Take today for example- I logged that I will eat some animal crackers, peanut butter and chocolate chips after dinner. Knowing that I have that to look forward to helps me resist eating chocolate during the day. And having the portions planned out helps me not overeat at night. It is all about being in control for me- and pre-logging is one of my biggest sources of control!

(if you peek at my diary please disregard yesterday's major fail...I'm a work-in-progress) :)
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you want a piece of chocolate, have a piece of chocolate. Just log it. Eat whatever you want, but do it in moderation (obviously because of your daily caloric intake). You won't succeed by depriving yourself of the foods you enjoy. That's just what all the marketing and media tell you.

Bottom line: Eat what you like, maintain a caloric deficit. You will succeed.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used to be this way. I found out that when I switched to eating "clean/paleo" my cravings dropped off. It sucks to go cold turkey for a few weeks but then I found my cravings dropped off. I can now say no to cake or ice cream or whatever shockingly easy. Now I have a piece of dark chocolate most days and it doesn't trigger the cravings back again.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I'm a chocolate junkie...I will buy the mini candy bars and have one a day.

This...or I work out a little longer to fit that 6-pack of chocolate donuts into my calories for the day. There's been plenty of time that I've earned sweets at the gym...lol
  • happyclappy36
    Options
    I love desserts too, so I've just learned to cut back on what I eat. I could never give them up completely! If I bake a cake or something I make sure all the ingredients are low fat to cut the calories and then just limit myself to once slice a day. If it's packaged food I try and just eat the guideline portion that they have under the nutritional information part.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    If you want a piece of chocolate, have a piece of chocolate. Just log it. Eat whatever you want, but do it in moderation (obviously because of your daily caloric intake). You won't succeed by depriving yourself of the foods you enjoy. That's just what all the marketing and media tell you.

Bottom line: Eat what you like, maintain a caloric deficit. You will succeed.

Yeah...what he said...lol
  • jklebba1
    jklebba1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Kellog's Chocolate Krave Cereal. If you need to have sweets everyday, this should help curb your cravings. I pre-measure one serving and bring it in a snack cup or sandwich bag to work for my 3pm craving. Only 120 calories and it has some nutrients. :)