Water that counts

Options
WJMont
WJMont Posts: 41 Member
I try to drink about 80 oz of H2O/ day, but I find it a lil hard because I'm also using 8oz+ water to make my protein shakes, carb replacement, and pre/intra workout drinks etc. throughout the day.

QUESTION: Does the water I use to make shakes and supplements throughout the day count towards my water intake goals (80, 100, 128+ oz./day)??

*** PLEASE EDUCATED RESPONSES OR HYPOTHESES ONLY***

Thank you and God Bless

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I would say that would be up to the individual. Many people include any water they use towards their count (coffee, juice, shakes etc) but many don't.

Me personally, I wouldn't. The reason for this is because my protein shakes seem to dehydrate me and leave me wanting MORE water. I count juice though (as in the kind your supposed to water down) as that's all I ever drink, plain water tastes horrible to me, and it quenches my thirst / stops me feeling dehydrated so that's good enough for me :smile:
  • WJMont
    WJMont Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would say that would be up to the individual. Many people include any water they use towards their count (coffee, juice, shakes etc) but many don't.

Me personally, I wouldn't. The reason for this is because my protein shakes seem to dehydrate me and leave me wanting MORE water. I count juice though (as in the kind your supposed to water down) as that's all I ever drink, plain water tastes horrible to me, and it quenches my thirst / stops me feeling dehydrated so that's good enough for me :smile:

Thanks for the imput Heidi! How much water do you try to get in?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Thanks for the imput Heidi! How much water do you try to get in?

At least 8 (250ml) glasses as recommended, but I usually end up with 10-12 as I exercise 5x a week too.
    This comes naturally though, it's not hard for me to get that amount. Mainly as my water bottle is 1L and I take it pretty much everywhere in case I get thirsty.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There is no medical reason not to count it. From a hydration standpoint, the water in your protein drink with hydrate just the same as plain water.

But if you are "having trouble" drinking water, and by that you mean you feel you have already had enough or too much, then I would say definitely count it.