Hey there I'm ew but I have a question...

Options
Hey everyone I'm 27yrs old and from Wichita and I am new to this site... I'm very excited to start using MFP, it was reccomended to me by a friend and I have been watching everyone elses' success. I do have one major concern... I have lost about 40lbs over the past year strictly using exercise not really paying attention to anything I was eating. I have about 25lbs to lose before my goal weight so I decided to focus on my diet. Yesterday when I was becoming a member my base-line calorie intake was over 2,300 calories and after I entered my exercise I earned almost 800 more calories allowing me to have and intake of over 3,100 calories. This blew my mind, I was having trouble just meeting the 2,300. Also, I feel like that's a lot of eating. Am I supposed to actually eat the 3,100 or is it just in case, I have no idea. I don't just want to eat the calories though because the thought of gaining weight at this point makes me anxious and nervous because it has been a journey. So if anyone can shine a little light on the matter that would be fantastic! Thanks so much!