Need to eat more calories

I have a problem with eating. I wouldn't really call it a "problem" but I've ALWAYS been like this since I was a teen. I can''t eat the calories that I'm suppose to. I'll have oatmeal in the morning, FORCE myself to eat something for lunch (ending up being a sandwich), and than eat dinner. I'm under eating I know that, but like I said I've always ate like that. I'm 5'8 at 155lbs. It's all unhealthy weight pretty much. Any tips or advise on how I can get myself to eat all the calories I'm suppose to?

FYI I'm new to myfitnesspal :)

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    The way to lose weight is to eat clean not to much saturated fat foods and alcohol
    Maybe add things to your food like a sauce or bigger cereal portions a glass of milk etc :)
  • Nut butters. If you have a salad, add avocado for some healthy fat. Cook with coconut oil. After lifting, I like to drink protein shakes made with whole milk for the calories.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Add flaxseed to things like oatmeal and yogurt. Increase slowly. I thought I was eating enough until I started to track and realize I was only eating 1300-1500 calories a day when I needed to be over 2000. So I slowly increased. I'm netting about 1900 now.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Hi, unless you was 6ft 2" then at 155lbs you are not underweight. You are in a healthy bmr..I do not understand your problem? Are you trying to lose weight or gain weight or just eat more healthily?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Hi, unless you was 6ft 2" then at 155lbs you are not underweight. You are in a healthy bmr..I do not understand your problem? Are you trying to lose weight or gain weight or just eat more healthily?

^^ this
  • shaylasade
    shaylasade Posts: 28 Member
    If you still need more calories, but don't necessarily have an appetite, try drinking the Naked fruit smoothies with no sugar added. I use those when I'm way under my calorie goal, plus they are really tasty
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Your BMI is fine. If it's "unhealthy" weight as you say, which I suppose means fat, then you need to exercise. If you eat unhealthy food then make more nutritious choices. You don't need to focus on calories.
  • tazmon15
    tazmon15 Posts: 2

I'm trying to eat healthier. I know I'm in my bmr. I want to start eating healthier and get toned. I do workout. Over the past year I've gained about 15lbs (still good bmr) just unhealthy weight.

Also, If I eat healthy clean food is it ok if I don't eat as much as I'm suppose to?
  • I have the exact same problem except I am only 4'10 and 107 pounds. I have never been a big eatter and my calorie intake per day is usually around 600-800...I feel fine and eat when I am hungry.