cals in/out OR food restriction??

Options
Hey All,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on losing weight concentrating on calories in and calories out (eating anything you want just in moderation) OR restricting certain foods such as cheese, mayo, white starches, desserts, etc (while staying within calorie limit)?

I have been working out really hard and keeping my calories around 1,200-1,500 a day - but eating anything just in moderation. I haven't seen much result at all - my weight and measurements are pretty much the same, but I did lose 3% of body fat.

I'm thinking of trying to restrict certain foods in hopes of losing more weight. Has anyone been successful doing this?

Thanks!!

Replies

• KBienn
    KBienn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on losing weight concentrating on calories in and calories out (eating anything you want just in moderation) OR restricting certain foods such as cheese, mayo, white starches, desserts, etc (while staying within calorie limit)?

I think if you have an intolerance to certain foods then this is a good reason to not eat them. But If you enjoy eating a particular food, and if you can fit it into your calories and macronutrients for the day, and if you don't have any medical or personal reason not to eat it, then you could be setting yourself up for failure by arbitrarily eliminating certain foods.
    I have been working out really hard and keeping my calories around 1,200-1,500 a day - but eating anything just in moderation. I haven't seen much result at all

For how many weeks and do you use a food scale to measure food amounts?
    - my weight and measurements are pretty much the same, but I did lose 3% of body fat.

Then you are making progress.
    I'm thinking of trying to restrict certain foods in hopes of losing more weight. Has anyone been successful doing this?

People have also been successful by doing silly things like the lemon diet, or the cabbage soup diet, or the _______________ (insert silly thing here). It doesn't make it a good idea, and I don't say that with any sort of attitude, just to be clear.

Good luck!

Thanks!!
    [/quote]