best time to exercise

Options
Question: Is it better to exercise in the morning or at night? Or does it really matter?

Replies

• leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is whenever you can fit it in. Wether it is 430am or 10pm, exercise ANYTIME is good for you :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    its totally up to you...mine does change quite a bit..monday was in the afternoon....today will be after youth group..about 8..and saturday will be in the AM before everyone wakes up..
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    it's up to u really. myself, sometimes i go in the morning to the gym, other days i go at night. somedays i work out at home in the pm.. or go for a walk in the evenings. it's a matter of when u have time for u.
  • BeautifulSurprise2
    Options
    Both is fine. I find working out in the morning gets my day started and I feel accomplished. But due to my work schedule, I end up working out more in the evening now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I agree. The best time to do it is when you will do it and stick to the routine.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I think the prevailing is the morning, however it doesn't work for me; I just can't get up that early & I don't have energy in the mornings. But as mentioned, I think as long as you get it in you're doing the right thing!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    It varies on the person....Morning work better for me...Being that it sets the pace of my day feeling driven, refreshed and can tackle on what ever happens...I find that evening workouts I am either tired from the day, give some form of excuse not to....and rather get the job done and it be out the way!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It varies on the person....Morning work better for me...Being that it sets the pace of my day feeling driven, refreshed and can tackle on what ever happens...I find that evening workouts I am either tired from the day, give some form of excuse not to....and rather get the job done and it be out the way!!

This is true for me too. Plus, if I exercise @ night, sometimes it's hard to fall asleep afterwards.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is whenever you can fit it in. Wether it is 430am or 10pm, exercise ANYTIME is good for you :)

^^^^ this - whenever you are most motivated to work out!!

I usually work out in the morning if its just general gym work, or around 1pm if i have a boxing class,any later than this and I cant quite be bothered!