stubborn midsection

Options
I'm seeming to lose weight in every section but the section i'm trying to focus on. I've read that the midsection is the last to go in terms of weight loss but I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to speed up the process lol

Replies

• kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Everything that I have read about it has stated that it is all about the cardio. Working on your core, and strengthening it is good, but it is the cardio that will make you lose what I lovingly call, my spare tire.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    That happens with some people (like me). I've never lost down to anything resembling a 6-pack (I'm more of a keg kinda guy - LOL), but I have found that the tum-tum tends to go away a little faster if I do some core work frequently. Planks, sit-ups, crunches, all that fun stuff us squishy-middle guys just love so much!

I may still be a little round in the belly, but I'm starting to feel more solid muscle behind it. The sculpture is carved, all I need to do now is get that flabby curtain that's in front of it gone! :)
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    yeah my stomach is being very stubborn. Are there any particular kind of sit-ups i should do that would present better results?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    yeah my stomach is being very stubborn. Are there any particular kind of sit-ups i should do that would present better results?

Are you doing planks (belly-down, supported only by your forearms/elbows and toes, attempt to get your body as parallel to the floor as possible, hold the position as long as you can)? If you aren't, try them out. They engage a lot of muscles and are more focused on "tightening" the core than "building" it.

If you can hold one for more than a minute, you're either doing it wrong or you are very fit. :)