Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    How long were you picking berries for?
  • CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    I would say that it depends on how long you did it for and how fast of a pace you were at. If you got your heart rate up and kept it up for a while, then yes I would call it exercise, but If you were relaxed while doing it, I would say no. Look in the exercise database and find something that is similar and use those cals if you think it is close enough...but I would be very careful that you don't over-estimate. My end all tip is to get a heart rate monitor and use it...they are great!! Hope that is a little bit of help...good luck in your weight loss journey!!!! :smile: :smile:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I've picked strawberries and raspberries before. :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure I ate whatever calories i might have burned!!! :ohwell: :laugh:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    You could probably enter it as "gardening, general"... it's the same type of motion and exertion as pulling weeds. Exercise doesn't have to be a heart pumping sweat fest, so yes, you can count it. But, do make sure you count all that you ate as well :wink:
  • tybbmom
    tybbmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: I picked strawberries for about 45 mintues then brought them home and cleaned them and only eat 8 med. ones the rest I cut-up and put in the frig for another day.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've picked strawberries and raspberries before. :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure I ate whatever calories i might have burned!!! :ohwell: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: me too, one in the basket, two in the mouth! :laugh: