Uk Pals!! eating out!!?? HELP!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whatever you order, try and stop eating when you feel 3/4s full. It is hard because you will feel that you have paid for the food and that you should clear your plate. However, if you leave food on your plate and stop when you are 3/4s full, you will feel full 30 minutes later and you will feel a little smug :)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I order steak with plenty vegetables or fish :) you have loads of options and if they do unhealthy sides like onion rings i say no thanks and they usually give me more veg! most places are really helpful
  • dave30309
    dave30309 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's all in the planning. Before I go out to eat, I search the web for the menu and the calories. If I can find a menu with the calories listed it's a bonus but most times they don't so I look up as many of the ingredients as I can find. I make my dinner choice at home so when I get to the restaurant I already know what I'm going to order and how it's prepared. It is important to have a few options so if they claim to be out of what I order I have a backup option. Finally, I don't eat the whole plate full. I remember my home portion sizes and stick to that. I get to have fun with friends and still keep to my diet.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I order steak with plenty vegetables or fish :) you have loads of options and if they do unhealthy sides like onion rings i say no thanks and they usually give me more veg! most places are really helpful

^^^^^ This works for me. If you order some sort of lean meat (steak or chicken) and say you don't want chips or potato they will usually offer extra veg or salad. Also I ask them not to put any dressing on the salad. If everyone is having dessert and I don't want to feel left out I'll have ice cream or sorbet of they have it.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I always struggle as vegetarian options are usually smothered in cheese of some kind! meat/fish and veggies would be ok.

I try to plan beforehand as well; eat less during the day, plan what I'm having and avoid chips and dressings, sometimes I eat a smaller portion and just leave some! or if your like me and don't eat out that often enjoy it for what it is - for me this is a lifestyle change so life has to fit in!!
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon, new potatoes and veg, and I think that's from a Brewsters (if you've not already been for the meal by now lol)

ETA: I lied - it's a Beefeater!!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    we go to Carveries so can help yourself .. get nice portion of meat, with or without the yorkie pud, with plenty of veg or salad (usually a salad bar there too) and just skip the carbs or go easy on them.

If you're vegetarian they do usually have a veggie option on the menu's if you want to order from the menu (our fav pub does anyway) and you can still choose to get your veggies and salad from the carvery area if you ordered something like a salmon steak or veggie equivalent?

It's the sauces you need to watch for, pasta with sauces or curries etc.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lots of chain restaurants have their menu & nutritional info online so you can have a look & plan before you go.