Brusing

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
since ive been excersing ive been getting bruses on my legs and i was only mainly doing step ups and jogging.
But on thursday i went the gym and did half hour on the rower and the next day i have got the biggest bruse on my arm.

Could i be getting the bruses because of the excersise or is that just a coincidence.

Sorry if no one can help just didnt no were eles to ask.

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like from the exercising... could be a deficiency in some vitamin in your diet. If you are getting large bruises, contact the dr for some blood tests. If they are tiny - pencil eraser size bruises - then I would just watch and see. It's quite possible that you've become more active and are actually hitting those areas enough to get a bruise.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It is something to see a doctor about. It could be nothing but better safe than sorry.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's probably an iron deficiency, I have the same problem. Doc recommended a supplement. I havn't had the problem much since I started on womens one a day multi vitamins.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    vitamins and bananas!

I get strange bruises, I don't even remember running into things but as you age you will bruise a little easier than your youth!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Do you take fish oil supplements? Sometimes this can cause bruising, and may indicate that you're getting too much.