the "girls"

jodazary
jodazary Posts: 144 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i see post on here where people are saying their bras dont fit anymore cause the "girls" are shrinking tell me how you accomplish this i have been a 36 D since 8th grade even though i was a size 3 the only way my bras are getting looser is im losing weight and i have had to go to a 34 D but the "girls" are still here i would love to lose some of em

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    i see post on here where people are saying their bras dont fit anymore cause the "girls" are shrinking tell me how you accomplish this i have been a 36 D since 8th grade even though i was a size 3 the only way my bras are getting looser is im losing weight and i have had to go to a 34 D but the "girls" are still here i would love to lose some of em

"The Girls" are made up of two kinds of tissue. Fat, and actual breast tissue. When we lose weight, we often lose the fat portion and what is left is the actual breast tissue. However, if you don't have a lot of fat there to begin with, then there isn't much to lose. In that case, if you feel you need them to be smaller, your best bet is breast reduction surgery. If they are causing you pain, talk to your doctor. Many insurance plans cover breast reductions if you meet certain criteria, so it's worth a shot.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    what a lot of women don't realize is a cup size on a larger band IS larger than the same cup size on a smaller band. Therefor the "D" cup on your 36, is actually larger than the "D" cup on your 34 band.

I went from a 38D to a 34B over the past year, but I didn't do anything special. Breasts are mostly fatty tissue. Therefor when you lose fat, you will lose boob. sometimes it goes first, sometimes last, some lose everything, some lose very little. It completely depends on your body. If you have always been large chested, even befor eyou were overweight, then it's pretty safe to say you're not going to lose a ton of boob. But, since you've already dropped a size, you have lost some!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:noway:

I don't want to lose my "girls", I don't have a lot!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Sounds like you have a lot of breast tissue... and you may not get any smaller. I am losing inches so am having to tighten my bra, hopefully I won't lose a cup size
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member

I feel you on this one. I was huge as a teenager and had them reduced. The Dr. told me that I had very little fat and mostly tissue. They did tests on the tissue that they took and some things came back. When I asked the Dr. if I should have tests done earlier she told me no because they were to dense. since I have had two kids and they have gone back up almost to the size they were before my surgery I am finding as I lose the weight they are getting smaller but not by much. The band is getting smaller a lot faster then the cup size is.

Good Luck!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    what a lot of women don't realize is a cup size on a larger band IS larger than the same cup size on a smaller band. Therefor the "D" cup on your 36, is actually larger than the "D" cup on your 34 band.

I went from a 38D to a 34B over the past year, but I didn't do anything special. Breasts are mostly fatty tissue. Therefor when you lose fat, you will lose boob. sometimes it goes first, sometimes last, some lose everything, some lose very little. It completely depends on your body. If you have always been large chested, even befor eyou were overweight, then it's pretty safe to say you're not going to lose a ton of boob. But, since you've already dropped a size, you have lost some!

Kerri you are exactly right, every band size has a different size underwire assigned to its same cup size! they are literally millimeters apart, and the cup depth is also slightly smaller, but if you don't believe me, match up your old,larger band D cup bra to the smaller band D cup bra, you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference. If you are looking for a radical difference, get a reduction. If not just keep your pectoral muscles fit or your "girls" will lose their perk as you lose weight!
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Speaking of the "girls", what kind of sports bra are you wearing for support during exercising? Bounce, bounce, bounce...:blushing:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Speaking of the "girls", what kind of sports bra are you wearing for support during exercising? Bounce, bounce, bounce...:blushing:

I wear lululemon..my ultimate fav....at around 60.00 a pop for a good one...last forever!
  • czewwhat

Luniare model number 11111 fabulous! no bounce, and I am a DDD gal!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I have lost some of my girls, from a 44DD now a 42D, small breasted ladies be happy, they aren't all they are cracked up to be :laugh: Especially when you walk and your arms chaffe against them :noway:

Anyway, there isn't really a way to target just your boobs, they will shrink in a normal weight loss pattern for your body, some ladies the boobs will be first to go and others the last. Of course doing weight training with chest exercises will help hold them up and possibly reduce them too.

As far as sports bras, I like the champion brand. I like to wear a regular bra underneath for extra tightness without stranglijng myself trying to get a sports bra on but I am tempted to try some that have been mentioned on here but after closing 3 restaurants last year $60 bucks isn't quite in budget for me yet:love:
  • czewwhat
    I have lost some of my girls, from a 44DD now a 42D, small breasted ladies be happy, they aren't all they are cracked up to be :laugh: Especially when you walk and your arms chaffe against them :noway:

Anyway, there isn't really a way to target just your boobs, they will shrink in a normal weight loss pattern for your body, some ladies the boobs will be first to go and others the last. Of course doing weight training with chest exercises will help hold them up and possibly reduce them too.

As far as sports bras, I like the champion brand. I like to wear a regular bra underneath for extra tightness without strangling myself trying to get a sports bra on but I am tempted to try some that have been mentioned on here but after closing 3 restaurants last year $60 bucks isn't quite in budget for me yet:love:

Luniare 11111 is about $34 each. they come in three colors and are the wonder bra for the curvy gal. I love them! google the name and model it will take you to several websites that sell them. some with free shipping!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    I too had a reduction and was told that my tissue was very dense and didn't have much fat. So therefore, while my girls get smaller, they stay pretty dense and full when I lose weight. I really like the Glamorise sports bra's. You can get them at JMS.com, and go on sale fairly often. I even jog in mine, and have no issues. Plus, no uniboob. I have read that large busted women to better with sports bras that have two distinctive cups (no uniboob bras). By the way, I'm now a 42C, but have to wear "full size" bra's".....
  • czewwhat
    Uniboob bras are just a glorified ace bandage! yuck! If you have to pull it over your head, it is just trash bin material for me! Love, Love, Love my Luniare!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member

Darnit! I should have read this before I went bra shopping today!! I am one of the women that didn't realize D on a 34 is different from D on a 38...sure would have saved me some time!
This discussion has been closed.