Heyyy everyone! :)

Options
Hello fitness pals,

my name is Anita and I just joined. I'm very excited to be here and have a feeling that this site will definitely help me in achieving my weight loss goals! Best of luck to everyone. :)

Replies

• io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey, I'm new too - good luck! :smile:
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks, you too! Do you have a weight goal in mind?
  • io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, yep, I'm currently 133 and want to get down to 120 - eating out is my downfall though, I do it far too often! Well done with the weight loss so far - how have you done it up until now, anything in particular?
  • TNYorker
    Options
    Thanks girl! I weighed myself last month and almost had a heart attack when I saw what the scale read. :noway: Pretty much jump started a 5/6 day per week workout plan (alternating days between cardio and weights) and 1200 cal diet (300 cals for breakfast, 100 cal snack, 300 cals for lunch, 100 cals for another snack, 300 cals for dinner, and 100 cals for one last snack ) + WATER, WATER, and WATER :drinker: lol. That seems to have done the trick so far...BUT, I hit a plateau about a week ago and have been stuck at the same weight since then. Found out today that I need to give my body a break since it can used to the whole workout routine and all. Decided to just chill at home today and rest. I do have to measure myself though - apparently you can stay a certain weight and still lose inches. Hopefully once I start working out again from tomorrow, the loss will get back on track. :tongue:

I know what you mean about eating out! I'm REALLY bad about bringing my lunch to work which makes me head straight towards the cafeteria at work (it happens to be nothing less than a restaurant) and leads to me eating unhealthy. I started bringing a Lean Cuisine meal with me to work everyday and that keeps me from going the cafeteria. :smile: When I go out for dinner, I try to stick to grilled chicken entrees and sauteed veggies as sides + water. I love ice cold Pepsi/Coke - and that has seriously been one of the hardest things to give up. Nothing but empty calories...but ohh, so good! :blushing:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! Resident everyone's mom and Diva here! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy the journey this site is fabulous!
  • action_sunbabe06
    Options
    HI!
    I'M NOT SO NEW...:blushing: THIS IS MY SECOND ATTEMPT ON THE SITE. I WAS DOING WELL FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF FEB-MARCH THEN OUR FAMILY STARTED VISITING AND I WAS GOING TO WEDDINGS AND WELL THEY JUST HAD REALLY GREAT FOOD AND WE WERE TAKEN OUT OFTEN! I KNOW, I KNOW....THIS IS MY FIRST TIME INTRODUCING MYSELF AND I DIDN'T PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE CHATS BEFORE. I LOVE THIS SITE BUT I WOULD REALLY HATE TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL AND STILL BE ADDICTED TO COUNTING CALORIES. I AM AFFRAID THAT MAY HAPPEN. IT IS KIND OF TIME CONSUMING, BUT I ALSO REMEMBER A LOT OF THINGS FROM LOOKING THEM UP INDIVIDUALLY. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HERE'S TO REACHING OUR GOALS! :drinker: WOOT WOOT!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • TNYorker
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! :heart: You're so right - the site surely is amazing and the people are very supportive! Sunbabe, I know exactly what you mean! Great food, that too at special occasions are SO hard to resist! Especially when you see everyone else indulging! :grumble: Although I do have to proudly say that I've had three events in the past month (one being yesterday) where they had amazinggg food. What did I eat? Stuck to entrees with grilled fish/chicken (small portions), a LOT of veggies, and stayed away from the dessert table. :tongue: I'm definitely hoping to get the weight off and keep it off - and if calorie counting for the rest of my life is what it will take then heck, bring on the calculator! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anita!! Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TNYorker
    Options
    Thanks Tam, congrats on becoming a mommie again! :happy: Haha that hummus quote totally made me laugh. :laugh: