2»

Replies

• kimhwan92
    kimhwan92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cheat day every other week.
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    If I work out enough I hardly EVER feel bad about it. After a good work out, if I want a little chocolate I know it's not going to kill me. Never deprive ;) We deserve to spoil ourselves every now and then
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in so long I just don't crave it anymore. Perhaps I am just lucky.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    "I make myself think "is the minute of satisfaction this will give me worth the long term satisfaction of having the body I want"
    Remember youre a human not a dog, don't reward yourself with food! That is something that unfortunelty was programmed into us as a child from parents and teachers rewarding us with treats so its hard to beat. That being said don't deprive yourself! Treat yourself occasionally or youre setting yourself up to crash and binge!"

EXACTLY!

I usually stop myself and think, thinking about,"Would I care if I didn't have this cupcake 10 minutes from now?" No, I probably wouldn't care. It's just temptations. We can't avoid them, but you can have the will power to say no. :)

BUTTTTT every once in a while it's alright to go ahead and eat that bacon shake from Burger King. lol *I've never actually tried it...
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I make rules that are outside of the calorie guidelines.

So I have these firm rules;

No Pork, no shellfish, no non-organic dairy, no artifical sweetners, no high-fructose cornsyrup, no ingredients I cannot pronounce, etc.

So if I am like going nuts, need something to eat, it is so much harder to find something that by the time I get that dark chocolate bar that works with my requirements I am too exhausted to eat it. Or I take a really long time to prepare something really healthy and savor it - I had this huge decadent salad the other day, total yum.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't tell myself I can't have anything. I try to eat healthy but if I want something not so healthy, I eat a little just to satisfy myself. It helps to put a portion in a plate/bowl so that I know when I have to stop.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I use the "cheat meal" method. I schedule one meal per week when I can eat what I want. See this link for more info. This guy has a lot of great information on his website.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/cheat-meals/