I lost 19 lbs eating pasta!! Please read, & share… thought

Options
okay so I feel the need to share this info!! Lol I love this japanese pasta and I really want everyone on here calore counting, carb counting, or missing their pasta to read this and share. I LOVE PASTA. And now I can eat it! :wink: I wont state any brands because Im not trying to endorse anyone I buy this all myself but a simple google search will tell you all you need to know! Good luck everyone!

I really feel that this is the best thing since sliced bread… lol I really have to upload some pics of all the great things I prepare!! Basically what I used to call them are “glass noodles” growing up, before I knew the health benefits.. they are FULL of fiber, keep me soo full and can be substituted in any pasta dish!

They are great for diabetics, morbitly obese people, etc. They are all natural made from some type of japanese root. And they are ZERO calories. I use them to stretch out everything it’s really how I’ve been losing weight so far! :) You should youtube, or do a google search. They are also refered to as miracle noodes. I used to eat these as a child and in my teens, but never really factored in the health benefits. I hope this helps somebody! Again they are 100% natural and have been around for AGES, and they are most commonly refered to as “SHIRATAKI” noodles… (look for em at Whole Foods, or your local Japanese market) has anyone tried them? What are your stories? Please share or ask Q’s! We can help eachother out !

Replies

• JULZRG
    JULZRG Posts: 1
    Options
    wow im going to get some tomorrow!!!! :love:
  • KristineJ86
    Options
    Hmm I just googled them.. what an awesome supplement to pasta. I am going to pick some up this week at our local asian supermarket and try it out!
  • JulieMI88
    JulieMI88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow, sounds like something I can enjoy. I will keep my eyes open the next time I go to Whole Foods.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just looking at these online 2 days ago. Tempted, but want to find them locally before I buy online.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs like crazy including pasta. Regular italian pasta. Moderation, moderation, moderation.
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    woooah awesome! thanks for the heads up, girly!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Love them, I've eaten them at events at my Japanese coworkers homes.

I had no idea they were a healthier alternative to regular pasta... awesome!
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    I am very interested too, thanks for the information :)
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Someone on another thread was talking about these and mentioned they have a funky smell...do you have this issue?
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will be looking for them :) Can't wait!!! Oh and congrats on your loss that's wonderful!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    good to know! Searching now :)
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Those of you with food 'texture' issues may not like these. I bought two bags once and had to throw one away. They are more 'rubbery' than regular pasta and even though I never thought myself to have an issue with food texture, these just made me want to barf. But to each their own!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating these within the last year, and they really are pretty awesome!!! Now that I am used to them, I dont even want regular pasta any longer!

They do have a funky smell, but there are ways to make it not so strong, and once they are cooked, they don't smell at all!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    If I want pasta, I eat pasta! And fit it in to my calories for the day :smile:

Think about it, have you ever seen Japanese eat pasta??? It's not a substitute for pasta, it's actually a noodle and is delicious in soups and stir-fry. But it does have a fishy smell.

Spaghetti squash is probably a better pasta substitute, not this!
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and the texture is revolting. Kind of like eating thick skinned worms. I'd rather eat real pasta and just work it into my calories for the day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If I want pasta, I eat pasta! And fit it in to my calories for the day :smile:

^ I like this method too.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds eating pasta! and beer! and ice cream! I fit the foods I like in my calories and macros.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat spelt pasta. Sorry as an Italian i cant down shirataki noodles with my tomato sauce. I bought them and tried them the first time with success...thought they were good as an asian dish. The next time i made them i couldnt chew the damn things, one was yam one was regular potato. The regular potato almost killed me cause i kinda choked on it. I havent found a good way to prepare them yet.... Dry frying smoked up my whole house. They are just okay... Still prefer spelt pasta, worth the calories.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure that Shiritaki noodles count as pasta. Just like spaghetti squash is not actually spaghetti.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I understand that they taste like ****. What fun is that?