Who else does this?

Options

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I do. I refuse to pay the crazy prices the movie theater charges. And I really don't like their popcorn anyway, so I bring one in my bag (light salt no butter) and bottle of water
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    I sneak snacks everywhere where they're not allowed! I even sneaked a whole tub of popcorn chicken (back in my unhealthy days) into a skating rink and they didn't notice! :laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    me. i am not spending as much as the ticket over again just to get a sprite and a small popcorn. besides that, they have NO healthy options. so yeah, i'll take in a bottle of water and a bag of pre-portioned snacks.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    yep.

gotta start carrying a purse to bring air popped popcorn..but i usually just bring gum and a water bottle (if i wanna risk getting up during the movie)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yup. In a big giant purse.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Y'all know why they charge so much, right? The theater itself gets very little of the ticket price. The concessions keep the doors open. I had a buddy that was a theater manager. He'd let us in free if we'd buy a ticket's worth of concessions to help him out.

Agree with it or not, that's why they're so expensive.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Why don't the mans get their own purses?
    Don't you mean, "satchels"? Indiana Jones wears one.

Haha, I'm lame.
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have six kids I can't afford to buy that stuff at what they charge!! So I let the kids bring, bottled water, a healthy snack, and one treat...... Yep a huge purse :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want a tub of chicken *LOL*
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My mother and I have done this for years, usually because the sweets they offered were not any we liked. I still sneak in some low-cal bite size candies if I want them and now I sneak in bottles of water from home because the bottles offered at the theater are $4 and they're maybe .4 ounces larger than the ones I buy in 24 packs for less than $4.

Even when I ate poorly I quit trusting theater food after a now ex-friend got a job at one and mentioned the horrors of what the "butter" machine looked like when it needed cleaning and the obscene things done with their nachos and other not pre-packaged stuff like hotdogs and the jalapenos that are offered in a cup. Not going in my mouth.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else besides me sneek snacks into the movie theater?

Everytime!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I do. When we were kids my mom would take us to the drug store to buy candy which she would sneak in and we would share a soda. Now I keep a bottle of water and a bag of nuts or protein bar in my bag.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Y'all know why they charge so much, right? The theater itself gets very little of the ticket price. The concessions keep the doors open. I had a buddy that was a theater manager. He'd let us in free if we'd buy a ticket's worth of concessions to help him out.

Agree with it or not, that's why they're so expensive.

well if they let me in for free I would buy their food. I think the healthiest thing that theatres have are twizzlers, and those aren't too healthy
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!

I aint paying 4 bucks for a box of Junior Mints I can get at the store for a buck...and water for 4 bucks? Nope...I bring my own...in my own water bottle...yay less plastic waste! ;)
  • InTheNameofCosplay
    Options
    Of course I sneak snacks in.

There was this one time that I snuck in sushi in a Victoria's Secret bag, though. Best movie ever.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I've taken Subway in to the cinemas before :laugh:

There are some great cinemas in Australia that let you take in alcohol and sell cheese platters :drinker:
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    I've only ever taken in a bottle of water - sometimes a coffee.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Along with my flask :)
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and when the lights go out you can here the diet coke can open:)