When Things Go Nuts (And Are There Any Pitt Students Around?

Options
Hi MFP friends!

I've been a member here for over a year, and I can't express how amazing and helpful this site has been. Unfortunately right now, I'm in easily the biggest rut I've experienced since I started losing weight. It's been on and off for weeks, in fact.

I don't know how national this story has gone, but I'm sure there are at least a few people on here who have heard about it. I go to the University of Pittsburgh, and we have experienced 63 bomb threats since mid-February, in addition to a shooting at our medical center's psychiatric institute. Sometimes there are as many as twelve threats in a day, requiring full evacuations each time. That has extended to dorms, and the most recent string of threats hit four different residence buildings at 4:00 AM, displacing students for over three hours in the middle of the night. Professors are cancelling, rescheduling or reformatting final exams, and many students are leaving campus for the semester. Despite the fact that no actual bombs have been found, everyone on campus is experiencing stress, fear and unrest every time our phones ring or we hear the alarms go off. It's all we talk about anymore, and we've all missed significant class time and study time.

Between this, final exams, and beginning the process of graduate school applications, I'm stressed, exhausted, and scared. I try so hard to stay focused on exercise and healthy eating, but I just can't right now. I'll be home in about two weeks, and I know what I need to do. I don't want to lose the progress I've worked so hard for because of this semester.

I do want to say though, that I am so proud of the work that every single person is doing on MFP. You're all amazing! And I'm mainly posting this because at my lowest times, particularly right now, reading the boards and seeing my friends' successes is so inspirational. Thank you all so, so much.