I Got a size 16 dress!!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
coming from a girl who was a TIGHT 28 , this is a HUGE thing!
I had to get a dress for my sons graduation for this coming SAT . I tried on 40 dresses, all different sizes, Misses 18, plus size 16..... it had to have black in it to match my shoes, and it had to be in my price range ( cheap, since I wont wear it again cause I wont fit in it for long, :tongue: ) and look good on me. So two malls later ,and 40 + dresses later, I found the one, and it was a size 16 plus. I was thrilled!

Had to share,
Tami

Replies

• healthymom2009
    Options
    Congrats on the dress and the weight loss. That is awesome. You are going to look HOT!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Wow, that's great!!

Holy cr*p, you lost 100 lbs...great job!!!!! How long did it take you?
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's amazing!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    you lost 100 lbs... How long did it take you?

yes, i want to know, too!!!

and congrats on the size 16!!! whoo hoo!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That is soooooo fantastic!!! Just think how fun shopping will be when you reach your goal!!!!!! You are doing amazing!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    you lost 100 lbs... How long did it take you?

yes, i want to know, too!!!

and congrats on the size 16!!! whoo hoo!

I has lost 51 pounds since Jan of this year, in 2007 I had lost 65, but gained back 15, so 50 from then, I still want to lose 70 more.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and wonderful wrapped into one!

I remember my last size 16 dress, I think I was ten. :laugh:

I'm going to wear one again soon- thanks for putting up some inspiration for me!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats! that is so great! you are a inspiration to us all! Way to go !
    I bet that was a very good feeling!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    it was this amazing feeling... the best part of all was when I opened the dressing room door looking for a three way mirror, and a lady asked me if I was looking for someone, and I said no, a mirror, and she said, " well you look great!" .. I was like , ok then! lol
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's so exciting!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you don't even look like the same person. You look so much younger! way to go sassy momma! Your my inspiration. I want to be at 185 by August.
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    you don't even look like the same person. You look so much younger! way to go sassy momma! Your my inspiration. I want to be at 185 by August.

thank you ! I think I look a bit older, but so many people say what you say, so it must be true!
    And YOU CAN DO IT!! Best of Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • turtle31
    Options

thank you ! I think I look a bit older, but so many people say what you say, so it must be true!
    I think you look younger because of your hair. Long hair looks like the ticket for you, not me I like my short and my husband does too. (ha-ha)
  • turtle31
    Options

I think you look younger because of your hair. Long hair looks like the ticket for you, not me I like my short and my husband does too. (ha-ha)
  • Tamishumate
    Options

ha, a nd the fummy thing is, I never had long hair! I thought last year, I have NEVER been thin, and I have NEVER had long hair, I will have/be both soon!
  • Tamishumate
    Options

ha, a nd the fummy thing is, I never had long hair! I thought last year, I have NEVER been thin, and I have NEVER had long hair, I will have/be both soon!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    One thing is certain after viewing all your pics---you definitely DON'T LOOK your age. I would take 10 years off, easily!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your loss. I bet you will have a fantastic summer!! BTW we are located in the same state. I am in SW WA.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!