Hula Hooping

kaylaladida
kaylaladida Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everybody!

I've read a lot of the posts here about weighted exercise hula hoops, and I've been inspired to buy one! I just have one question. I'd like to know how many calories are burned during a hula hoop workout. I know that the exact number varies depending on the weight of the hoop and the amount of effort put into the exercise, but right now I have no idea where to begin. I've read different estimates online, and I don't know what to believe.

Thanks for your help!:smile:

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Hi everybody!

I've read a lot of the posts here about weighted exercise hula hoops, and I've been inspired to buy one! I just have one question. I'd like to know how many calories are burned during a hula hoop workout. I know that the exact number varies depending on the weight of the hoop and the amount of effort put into the exercise, but right now I have no idea where to begin. I've read different estimates online, and I don't know what to believe.

Thanks for your help!:smile:

Not entirely sure... though I thought I would chime in that about 3 weeks ago we went to a party out in the country, and there was a troop of hoola hooping ladies there. I have never in my entire life seen more muscular women. Holy crap!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I have a weighted hoop and burn about 100 calories per 15-20 minute workout. I have the acu hoop but I do not remember the size I purchased but I do remember having bruises on my hips when I first started. Have been thinking about a heavier one but do not know if that would actually give me more of a workout.
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    I have one too, but don't know about calories. Definitely gives you bruises in the beginning but it is pretty fun!
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    I would seriously consider buying a hoop from this wonderful lady *Kendra*:

http://myworld.ebay.com/jadak1313/

She is a professional fitness instructor and hoop dancer. She has very resonable prices and she's the sweetest thing! Not to mention she gives free online support after a purchase. She'll show you different tricks/exercises throw video or email. Seriously I had a TON of questions for this girl and she was more then happy to help. She also worked with me for a couple days to make a kick *kitten* custom hoop!

Happy hoppin'!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.