Addicted to the Complete This Entry Button?

Options
Hi. Anyone else "addicted" to the "Complete This Entry" button? I love seeing it say, "If every day were like today... You'd weigh ###.# lbs in 5 weeks". It's very motivating... even on days when I wasn't as good about what I eat, I like seeing the prospective progress, and it motivates me not to eat any more. I can ignore a scale... but not that button! :wink: :laugh: :blushing:
Anyone else?

Replies

• _Nathan
    _Nathan Posts: 15
    Options
    Totally agree...there are some days where I only hit it once if at all and others where I will sit there and "play" with what I can eat that day and then press the button. It's an addiction, but it's doing me good, cause I keep losing weight.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no. In fact, I'm the opposite. I'm terrified of hitting that button because it's as if MFP is saying, "NO!!! YOU CAN'T EAT ANY MORE TODAY!!!!!!! >:| " ---Yeah, complete with the angry face. I never press that button.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Not quite addicted to it, but I enjoy seeing the potential, and that in five weeks I could be at ___ weight. It's been lovely to watch that number drop steadily.
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love that button tooo! I have it linked to my Facebook and sometimes ill forget! and ill hit it at like 2pm and ill get a bunch of comments saying "yeah right!!"
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yes a little too much, because sometimes I really need to go ahead and eat when my body tells me too especially if I have excerise calories there that are waiting for me to eat.

I have found that it to be quite accurate though. I have been on this site for a little over two months and I now track it more to see how accurate it is. So far pretty good.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Not really. My weight loss is going to be excruciatingly slow, so it is counterproductive to see that I'll weigh like a whole pound less in 5 weeks.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I can't say it motivates me, but I get curious to see if I kept up the good work, where I am headed. Plus, it helps me not emotional eat at night.
  • charliew_43
    charliew_43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to think it links me to what I will be doing in 5 weeks. So, 5 weeks from now my vacation starts, and I can weigh ....lbs. And in a couple weeks I'll be able to say, 5 weeks from now is Memorial day, and I can weigh ....lbs. Picturing it that way keeps me motivated, because it's so much more concrete than just a vague point in the future.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I pay close attention to that button....it keeps telling me to eat more and the number goes down!:bigsmile:
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nah. I don't pay much attention to it. I want to lose inches more than weight. =)
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    YES! I love that button! It always makes me feel good seeing the possibility of a lower weight than what I'm at now.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am not addicted, but it is a motivator. Today, for example, we ate out and I went over my calories and really did not feel like walking. I was in negative calories and my prediction wasn't as good as it was yesterday. It motivated me to go for at least 3/4 of the walk I normally do. Better than nothing. I ended up with calories left over, that is what I like to see.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi. Anyone else "addicted" to the "Complete This Entry" button? I love seeing it say, "If every day were like today... You'd weigh ###.# lbs in 5 weeks". It's very motivating... even on days when I wasn't as good about what I eat, I like seeing the prospective progress, and it motivates me not to eat any more. I can ignore a scale... but not that button! :wink: :laugh: :blushing:
    Anyone else?

Love this feature! :wink:
  • Iamjulez
    Iamjulez Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it. I do "pre-plan" my meals sometimes for the next day, that way I know what I can eat to stay within my goals. It's very motivatng to see what I'll weigh if I keep on track (without exercise, even).

I am addicted to it, so I completely understand. It really helps me keep motivated even when I want to "break" my goals even one little time!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive responses... both those of you who like and those who avoid THE BUTTON. :smile: