Hello. Hello? Is this thing working?

Options
Greetings MFP World,

I am spanking brand new to this community & am beyond excited yet... wary of this. I've always tried to diet by myself and have failed... eventually... every time. I believe it's a combination of constant put-downs from family & self-hate that contribute to my inability to reach my ultimate goal. But the past few days have been life changing for me. I think I made a breakthrough (hopefully, it will last). I wanted to see if having people who are positive & supportive can make a difference in helping one's weight loss endeavors... I'm sure it does, it's just that I never had that before.

I would love to hear your story. If you are willing to tell it, I have an open ear. I'm such a sucker for inspirational stories. I cry every time. Or any kind of story. Also, I would more than be happy to be a part of your cheerleading squad. So yeah... I guess that's all?

Oh, my name is Bee and I am 26 years young. To be quite honest, I am obese, but am trying to see if there can be a healthier and happier me buried underneath this excess weight.

Cheers to each of our journey.

Replies

• pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello Bee. Feel free to add me. I'm kind of in a low at this point, but working my way back. You're near-last sentence, "...trying to see if there can be a healthier and happier me buried underneath..." struck a nerve with me. I'll let you read it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/pixardad (Follow the link in the top post).

Good Luck!

--PixarDad
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My story is too long to tell but Welcome! I hope that you can find the support here to keep you going! The best thing for me is to watch the success stories! It helps me stay focus and see the end goal. TRYING to make this a lifestyle change not a diet.

Again Welcome!!!
  • roosman00
    roosman00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bee, The trick is to find someone you are accountable to on a weekly basis. I hired a company and I lost 50 pounds in 24 weeks. It was the thing that got me started in the right direction. I am not saying you need to spend money but it would be helpful for you to have someone that you are accountable to(close friend, family member, or coworker). When you find that persone show them what you are eating and what excersices you are doing and listen to there advice. Just the thought of showing someone what you ate is sometimes enough to stay away from the junk food and to spur you to excercise.

Good luck.