NEED MOTIVATION & ADVICE!

Hello! :) My names Lindsey and I have had many many issues with yoyo diets, workout binges and everything else you can think of. People always tell me I don't need to lose weight that i look "healthy" but I want to feel good about myself more than anything, my goal in this journey is to tone up and lose excess fat. I have a hard time motivating myself and just reading some of everyones success stories make me want to go out for a run! :)

Thanks for the inspiration and I hope I can become as motivated as many of you! If you have any solutions or ideas to hep me please share!!!!!!

Replies

• ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Heyygirl! Im in the exact same situation as you!! You can totally do it. Its really all about just forcing yourself to get up and do it. Once you do it for a week straight or so its going to get easier and feel good and become habit. I have been on and off diets my whole life and people always say "oh you dont need to lose weight", but i am a more curvy kind of girl so i have to keep my workouts up..which i tend to forget to do haha so now i am on here! I am starting officially tomorrow, so lets wish eachother luck! I know you can do it! Success feels the best!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    You joined... All the motivation you need is on here, you just need to reach out and take advantage of it!
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    I have had the same exact issues. I've gone up and down in weight my entire life. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • #1- You are gorgeous!
    #2- You are awesome for wanting to improve your life!

You obviously do not need to drop a lot of weight, but if it is toning that you want, STRENGTH training! It will do wonders for your bod! This website is so great for so many reasons, but listen to it! Make sure you are getting enough calories to fuel your endeavors! Good luck!
  • LC128
    LC128 Posts: 7
    Thank you guys! Its nice to have support and not be ashamed to talk about weight issues, everyone is on here for a lot of the same reasons and it helps! I feel like i just need that little push and I can get it here.
  • shunima
    shunima Posts: 13 Member
    Use the tools, record your calorie intake to raise your awareness what kind of food is stuffed with calories. You can eliminate all the food that is high in calories/sugars/fat and is not part of your all time favorite list. Helps a lot to have a focus on the goodies you really want / crave for, find good substitutes and all of that without exceeding your daily intake. Overall my diet got much healthier and I don't miss a thing.

I still have some beers if I want them, have an occasional 1/2 lb burger, ice cream etc. and still managed to go down to 158 lbs from 181 lbs. in 3 1/2 months. Weekly intake of less than 10000 calories (~1400 a day) and 30-35 minutes of cardio each day seems to do the trick and I'm happy because I can have nights out with friends, enjoy drinks and food and still loose the fat I'm carrying around since years.