New Scales

Options
I went out and bought a new set of bathroom scales. The old one was getting a bit erratic and the new one comes with Body Fat / Water / Muscle %. They also give me my BMI/BMR values as well. Kind of scary when I think about it

How accurate do you guys think these % values it gives are? Are these numbers to be believed or are they just a rough guide?

Also, according to my new scales, I'm 4lb lighter this morning than I am on my old scale. The old scale still shows me as 4lb heavier. I know which number I'm inclined to go with (cough new one...cough cough) But what do you guys think? I figure as long as I only use the new scales from now on then it shouldn't matter. :huh:

Replies

• acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Like you say its all relative.

I had some of those scales but they kept giving me really bizarre readings such as fat percentage varying by 3 or 4% in a week. So I basically stopped using them.
    I think that so long as you use them to develop a trend, and dont pay too much attention to the numbers then they should be fine.

I bought a pair of Body Fat calipers last week. They were only £7 from ebay and am using those to keep a track of things. My scales are banished to the naughty step at the moment.