Logging P90X Workouts

Options
Hey P90X'ers
Quick question.... I am trying to log my workout from yesterday on here but I do not see anything on the exercise search for P90X. What have you guys been using as a comparitive work out or are you wearing heart rate monitors and logging your calories burned that way?
Maybe its time to invest in one...

Thanks!
Happy Monday :flowerforyou:

Replies

• krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did just that! Rather than wasting time trying to log in each exercise, I put "P90x Legs & Back plus ARX" or whatever into the strength section and I wear a heart rate monitor to get my calories burned and put that in the cardiovascular section as "circuit training". It seems to be working just fine and I will admit it was some of the best $$ spent (I recommend a Polar HR monitor as I've had mine for over 4 years and its still going strong!) good luck!
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    All this talk about a heart monitor I am thinking of buying one. Everyone seems so happy that they help them. :tongue: :tongue:
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    krisloock,
    where did you get your HRM at?
    how much did it cost you?
  • vwise
    vwise Posts: 12
    Options
    HRM's are great if you know what your doing with them. First your need to find your Anaerobic Threshold, which is the point where your body stops burning fat and only burns sugar. Once you know where that is then you can watch your HRM to make sure you are staying in your optimal range. Now, Im not saying you should never go over that heart rate. But in order to burn fat and to train your body to be efficient in burning fat you want to stay under that heart rate.
  • krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I got it at Sports Authority...You can get them at pretty much any sports store but make sure you get one that has the chest strap (the ones that read on your wrist only aren't as accurate). 4 years ago I think I paid in the $70-80 range but it is pretty cool as you can input your gender, age, weight, etc. and it keeps track of you BMI, logs time spent in your "zone", etc.
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    Hey P90X'ers

On a P90X blog I found the following estimate for workout/calorie burning posted by one of the trainer/administratives. Although the system is currently down until June 10 for thier upgrade, you could find the additional info on their community blog. Everybody is difference, but this might be a good basis for you. :):smile: Good Luck!

1000/hr a killer work out, when you are drenched in sweat !
    800/hr very hard work out, your heart is pumping and you feel great !
    600/hr a really hard work out, you're pushing and feeling a burn
    400/hr you're sweating, but not tired or pushing that hard
    250/hr stretching. walking briskly, easy hike pace, approx 3.5 mi/hr.