SO SO PROUD

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
I did it!!! Ran a 5k race for breast cancer. Not only did I help raise money I achieved to me what I thought impossible It was unbelievable considering where I was just over 2 years ago. Prior to this, I have never excercised or seen the inside of a gym. Was never a sporty person all my life. Yesterday proved it can be done. Whatever your goal....it is achievable. I lost just over 6 stones prior getting on MFP and promised myself one day I'll run in a race. I know it's only 5k but for me it was a huge achievement. I am doing the 10k next in October and who knows, next time it might just be the London Marathon!!!! Just thought I'll share this little bit of achievement with you all.

raceforlife.jpg

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    YAY! and I'm so glad you did it for breast cancer! My grandmother has been battling it for years and there is nothing left for them to do.....So thank you! I hope to find one in my area soon!
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    Way to go!!! A 5K is my goal in the future also!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!