• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    corks? seems to help me.
  • Indy_Cent
    Indy_Cent Posts: 45
    I don't know, Depends?

You know when someone is asking for advice being a SMART ALECK isnt helpful

If you have nothing nice / helpful to say then be quiet

How dare does anyone not take peeing too much serious?! OMG!

Also, I think he was trying to say that it DEPENDS how much you're urinating... maybe post a pic
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    I don't know, Depends?

Posting medical problems on the interwebz for all the armchair dr.s to chime in isn't such a brilliant idea either. Just sayin'.

OP - Please go see a Doctor, and get a real diagnosis.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    What msblushie said. A UTI (urinary tract infection) will make you feel the urge to pee a lot, but you may not actually need to pass anything. What is your water intake like? I got exactly the symptoms you've described when I really wasn't drinking much water at all. Now I make sure I drink a minimum of 2 litres a day and it's no longer a problem. You may want to consider upping your water intake.

If you already get plenty, it could be a symptom of your anxiety as you said before. Either way, I'd see your doctor. They ruled out diabetes, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be something else.

How long do UTI's last though? :S

A UTI is a bacterial infection. If untreated, it will eventually run its course. Maybe 2 weeks.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Maybe eat more carbohydrates they help retain a lot water.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    What msblushie said. A UTI (urinary tract infection) will make you feel the urge to pee a lot, but you may not actually need to pass anything. What is your water intake like? I got exactly the symptoms you've described when I really wasn't drinking much water at all. Now I make sure I drink a minimum of 2 litres a day and it's no longer a problem. You may want to consider upping your water intake.

If you already get plenty, it could be a symptom of your anxiety as you said before. Either way, I'd see your doctor. They ruled out diabetes, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be something else.

A UTI is a bacterial infection. If untreated, it will eventually run its course. Maybe 2 weeks.

actually they may not just run its course, it can move into your kidney's and cause life long damage.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    UTIs can occur for a variety of reasons and they can also recur frequently if they're not treated, so if it feels like a constant thing, it's probably because of that. You can get antibiotics to treat them, but you might want to try upping your water intake before you do that, just to see if it makes it better. I've also heard really good things about cranberry juice.

This is going to come out totally wrong but . . . have you ever had a UTI? Believe me if you have you would immediately know. It's not just about having to pee all the time or having the urge to pee and not doing anything. It's about the incredible, horrible, pain-so-bad-you-just-want-to-cry when you pee. And the blood in the urine. And the back ache, pressure on the bladder. . . . I've had two in my life and I would never ever EVER wish a UTI on my worst enemy (the second one I was on vacation in Mexico. Thank GOD I had a friend at the resort who always packs UTI medication so I was able to take some).

Anyway, it could be an over active bladder or you're drinking a lot of water. I always have to pee. It's to the point where my husband has to map out routes if we're taking a long drive so that I have places to stop:blushing: but I also drink a lot of water and I think part of it could be due to a car accident I was in when I was a teen.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    corks? seems to help me.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcWU51Lbm-0p9c6RARMZWkOt9r9jdGRyWynUdFBvuryaS1448cThXClSpm
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    I don't know, Depends?

so telling her to drink cranberry juice is helpful? If there is a medical issue she should go to the doctor...not get bogus advice from strangers.

Drinking cranberry juice is VERY helpful ! It works wonders when you have a UTI... do the homework !
  • UsedToBeHusky

actually they may not just run its course, it can move into your kidney's and cause life long damage.

That is true. She could have already progressed to that point.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    I don't know, Depends?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh no....I think I laughed too hard. :blushing:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I don't know, Depends?

so telling her to drink cranberry juice is helpful? If there is a medical issue she should go to the doctor...not get bogus advice from strangers.

Drinking cranberry juice is VERY helpful ! It works wonders when you have a UTI... do the homework !

It works to help prevent them. IF she has one -- which I'm skeptical on that, read my post -- she needs to get to a doctor and get antibiotics for it immediately. As someone else here said if it is left untreated it will cause a kidney infection and more complications.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    I don't know, Depends?

I do agree that she should see a doctor if the issue is bothering her, but cranberry juice is good for the renal system as a whole, whether you have an infection or not. Let's try not to be petty.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Possibility of "overactive bladder syndrome"....No, I'm not making it up.
    In my personal experience, UTIs can give you flu-like symptoms before seriously affecting the kidneys.

Go see a doc.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Yes, cranberry juice does help prevent urinary tract infections. I encourage patients who have chronic bladder infections to drink cranberry juice everyday or take a cranberry pill everyday, which is usually easier for my patients.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    If you've had kids your bladder could be moved/tilted and is not emptying all the way when you go to the bathroom. This happened to me I had to have mine corrected with surgery (a 'sling') and it did help....some. The biggest benefit was the doc said since I was done having kids, he could also remove my uterus, which I whole heartily agreed to (NO MORE TOM!).

I wound up having to have a 2nd surgery as my bladder slipped again, and I still go to the bathroom frequently, but I'm just dealing with it. The trade off of no TOM is well worth it :smile:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I don't know, Depends?

Cranberry juice is actually very helpful and its good for clearing up UTI. When I had UTI my doctor told me to drink this all day. It really does work.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    I have a small frame, so the extra fat I had around my belly was causing so much pressure on my bladder that I had to constantly go to the bathroom! That's one of the reasons I want to lose weight. Now that I lose 12 pounds, I don't have to go as much and I drink sometimes up to 2 liters a day if not more.

Also go when you have to! Holding it make it so much worse. Oh! And, I try to drink a good bit of my water when I know be home for a couple hours like at night. That helped me too! Good luck!
  • I pee all the time. Prob once an hour actually. Sometimes I pee alot, sometimes I pee a little. I have been to the doctor and had test etc. Found nothing, no explanations. Doctor just said.. welp looks like you just pee alot =) I have gotten used to it. It is really bad when I drink.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I've had the same problem every since I was put on Lithium at 18, but I was told with that drug to keep myself well-hydrated. It got worse when I started my weight loss but that's because I started drinking 20+ 8oz cups of water from midnight to whenever I went to bed. But, that's me.

As someone else mentioned, if it's truly bothering you I would consult your doctor because even though you are negative for diabetes, it could be something else, or it could be nothing. In the end it's just better to ask a professional than to get about a million different remedies/what-it-might-be's from strangers.

You might also want to monitor what your urine looks like after you've gone. If it's cloudy, if it's dark, has a strong smell, or if it's clear and pale, so on. It can help.