Fluctuations and Calorie Upping.

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Wow thank again, guys. You're all a lot more helpful than the confusing articles I've been swimming in lately about BMR and the like, haha. I know it's impossible to really gain 2lbs in one day but it's still frustrating, you know? Because sometimes my body is just funky and that 2lbs of weight "gain" will actually act as if it was fat and take forever to come off.

I drink a ton of water, hah! I actually get up at least twice throughout the night to go pee because I'm constantly drinking it :)

I never have too big of a deficit on exercise days because I really do eat them calories back! If I burn 500, you betcha I'm eating 500 more that day. I'll try and stick it out as long as I can.

I responded to all of you guys who've recently posted in this post here, sorry for not addressing each of you by your usernames... a little lazy with typing today, haha .

How long did it take you guys to see results? (Some have responded, I'm just looking for some more people so I can be at ease!)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    This has been like the most helpful any of my MFP posts have been :) Thanks everyone! Keep the responses coming !
  • HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Nobody else has anything to say Okay :\
    Just kidding not too frazzled just wanted to try and get all the info I can for people struggling with the same issues :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nobody else has anything to say Okay :\
    Just kidding not too frazzled just wanted to try and get all the info I can for people struggling with the same issues :)

Heres the thing
    relax.
    Eat well 70%
    Sleep well 20%
    Workout hard 10%

Thats all you need.

Eat below TDEE by cutting 20% off it and stay at that rate till you plateau for at least 2 weeks if you plateau at all.

Only worry about working out maybe 3 times a week with a 200-300 calorie burn each time.
    Its that simple.

I know you are a vegan so youll have to get protein in other ways but make sure protein is priority at about 30% of your calories.
    Carbs should be higher on workout days and fats should be higher on resting days.