rapid weight loss

Options
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this seems a silly question or if its been asked lots of times,

previous to last Monday I've been working out 45 Min daily (cardio) at the time I was eating back most of my exercise cals.
this week I've been 'resting' ,took the kids of for a walk a few times nothing strenuous.
I have been very stressed out for the past few days.
and will admit I did not eat at all on 1 day , I drank lot of fluids(no alcohol)(not trying to stave myself or lose weight, I was so anxious I was shaking and preoccupied also have 4 kids .)

The rest of the time I've been eating 1200 cals daily.
from sun to toady I've lost near 4lbs.
I've never lost weight due to stress before and I've been alot of stress over the last 10yrs.
i feel like i cant trust my scales sometimes

is it 'water weight despite me drinking more than enough fluids?
'proper' weight loss....or something else?

please be kind,i appreciate all who take time to respond xxx

Replies

• caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've been eating at a deficit which is the whole point of losing weight..and you've lost weight..simple right :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You have depleted water and muscle glycogen.
    I can almost guarantee youll see that 4lbs come back as soon as you work out.
    Dont be afraid of the scale going up and down in access of 5lbs daily due to lifting weights or cardio.
    Keep a tape measurer or calipers nearby so you can just measure fat.
    BTW 1200 cals isnt enough...unless you are 4'11".

Check the link on my profile for more info.
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    yea, definitely ,its just i've read so much about how much losing more than 2lbs a week is not healthy etc
    previously my weight loss was no more than 1/2 lb a week working out most days.

also with the stress I've been through i was worried i was doing something wrong/something's wrong with me etc-i'm such a worry wart smiley-think005.gif
  • babigurl86
    Options
    You have depleted water and muscle glycogen.
    I can almost guarantee youll see that 4lbs come back as soon as you work out.
    Dont be afraid of the scale going up and down in access of 5lbs daily due to lifting weights or cardio.
    Keep a tape measurer or calipers nearby so you can just measure fat.

Check the link on my profile for more info.

thank you so much for the info,this makes a lot of sense,i stopped weight training 2 weeks ago.due to Easter holidays (to dangerous with babies around)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I always seemed to drop more when I'd taken a week off the exercise after exercising more intensely for a week or so, probably you're body getting rid of excess water. My best loss was 7lb in one week when I first dropped wheat and went very low carb (only carbs in fruit and veg allowed), though lately its slowed to a few pounds a month, bu I'm only 4lb off goal now!

My scales fluctuate too but I usually go by the range of numbers it gives me which are in a 5-6lb range usually, so where I was originally 12st 7 -12st 13 depending on time of month, now I'm getting figures from 9st 6 - 9st 12.... I'd like to be around 9st 3 at lowest and around 9st 8 at highest (with TOTM) I think.
  • babigurl86
    Options

i'm 5'0 ,i only eat 1200 on days i dont work out,is that okay or should it be higher? :)
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Stress can be a funny thing, it affects everyone differently. in my opinion(and from personal experiance) Make sure to keep drinking lots of water and find some you-time to de-stress. as for not drinking alcohol, good for you. I also stopped myself to help with weight loss, but keep in mind even if you only had drinks on the weekend your body and mind are addicted, so it would be reasonable to get shakes, headaches or even sweats if you have given up on libations for a while. the good news is that the mini-withdrawls do go away as fast as they came. I also went through this with coffee when I quit that too, funny, the coffee was far worse to give up!! the withdrawls for that lasted 2 weeks! Hydrate hydrate hydrate that is key!! its been 7 years for the coffee and not a day goes by that I dont think about grabbing a cup! thats pretty scary.

Make sure to eat good filling and healthy foods and watch the salt intake.

Stay strong and stay on track, find a way to let out the stress and you will be fine.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options

i'm 5'0 ,i only eat 1200 on days i dont work out,is that okay or should it be higher? :)

im 5'0 too!!, I used ot eat only 1200 and eat back excercise calories, I did fine for a while but have plateaued, I have just (with a bunch of courage and faith) increased that to 1400. I just make sure that my calories are coming from mostly fruit and veggies and I make sure to get lots fo protien too.
  • babigurl86
    Options
    Stress can be a funny thing, it affects everyone differently. in my opinion(and from personal experiance) Make sure to keep drinking lots of water and find some you-time to de-stress. as for not drinking alcohol, good for you. I also stopped myself to help with weight loss, but keep in mind even if you only had drinks on the weekend your body and mind are addicted, so it would be reasonable to get shakes, headaches or even sweats if you have given up on libations for a while. the good news is that the mini-withdrawls do go away as fast as they came. I also went through this with coffee when I quit that too, funny, the coffee was far worse to give up!! the withdrawls for that lasted 2 weeks! Hydrate hydrate hydrate that is key!! its been 7 years for the coffee and not a day goes by that I dont think about grabbing a cup! thats pretty scary.

Make sure to eat good filling and healthy foods and watch the salt intake.

Stay strong and stay on track, find a way to let out the stress and you will be fine.

thank you,i will defo try to de-stress ,i dont drink often,i just didn't want people thinking i was drowning my sorrows,

i was shaking due to being very scared and anxious. i've started by allowing family member to watch 2 of the kids for few days (rare)
    i'll also start using -5/+5 range it will help alot.:flowerforyou:
  • babigurl86
    Options

im 5'0 too!!, I used ot eat only 1200 and eat back excercise calories, I did fine for a while but have plateaued, I have just (with a bunch of courage and faith) increased that to 1400. I just make sure that my calories are coming from mostly fruit and veggies and I make sure to get lots fo protien too.

yay! another 5'0 ter !

i'll defo start upping my cals if/when i plateau,the reason i packed on weight was eating only 900 max a day for yrs.so im really open-minded about this :smile: