Outback Steakhouse

Options
Has anyone eaten at a Outback Steakhouse? We received a gift certificate for there but I am not sure what to get. I was thinking about the chicken on the barbie with no sides but how many calories would that be if I use very very little BBQ sauce? HELP please

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Love Outback.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Had that last night. Look at my diary for the 11th. I just skipped the bread and the potato and opted for veggies instead and stuck to the smallest steak. I splurged on the horseradish sauce, but it was my birthday after all. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love their salmon with steamed veggies! Perhaps a wedge salad with NO bread...
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    or...eat whatever the hell you want and burn it off later =]
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Check out the link the poster above gave. They have some good choices-even some gluten-free. Their steaks are very good-you can get one without or with minimal seasoning and it should be good. Get sauce on the side if you think you may need it. Just watch out for the garlic mashed potatoes. So good but eep! on the calories. :)
  • EllaA26
    EllaA26 Posts: 48
    Options
    Ask for NO BUTTER with anything your order! They put butter on steaks, salmon, and allllll over the broccoli. I get the 6 oz steak, medium, no butter and a double serving of broccoli, no butter. It'll save you a ton of cals.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out their site, and pln your meal ahead of time. These are my go tos there....either the petite filet or grilled shrimp with a plain sweet potato/baked potato and a salad (no croutons & dressing on the side) and one small slice of their yummy bread (it will kill ya if your cals if you munch throughout dinner). The steak is a bit higher than a normal dinner I'd eat at home, but I just plan for it and have a smaller lunch or skip my afternoon snack.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Why no to potatoes and bread? Also, I'd get whatever has the highest amount of protein, which is a big beautiful steak.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If you go steak, you can ask them to cook it without butter. They, like a lot of steakhouses, basically fry the steak in butter.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Beware, their bread is the bomb.com.
    I could easily eat 3 loaves.

and have...:laugh:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    went the for the 1st time EVER in november..it was so amazing..i got steak and coconut shrimp (i didnt care about cals, it was my husbands birthday )
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I always get the Grilled chicken (usually ask for it dry, no seasoning) with a side of steamed veggies(light to no butter) and I still get the BBQ sauce for the side.. but i don't over do it. I used to leave that place feeling like a greasy slob lol.. Mostly because My meal consisted of splitting the fried mushrooms with the delicious ranch dip, then my meal prob a burger with a side of cheese fries and ranch(of course) and one -two cocktails. I actually felt like crap when i left there. Now I eat the chicken and veggies and I feel great when i leave there.. I'm not stuffed, I am full though. MFP has outback items in the food data. check it out.. i'm sure their website also has some nutritional info. Plan ahead, because the calories add up quickly at restaurants. Good luck. :)
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I worked for Outback for 10 years ;) Keep in mind the portion sizes. The chicken breast is 8 oz. The fish portion is up to 14 oz depending on what fish you order. That's double a normal portion. They have a fat free tangy tomato dressing that you can get on the side with a house salad, no cheese, no croutons. If you want a baked potato remember they are covered in salt and butter before they are baked. Honey wheat bread is not terrible for you. Anything else I can help with, just ask.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Beware, their bread is the bomb.com.
    I could easily eat 3 loaves.

and have...:laugh:

BWHAHAHAHHA! IT's funny but its true! My sister used to work there and I hold the unofficial record for eating 7 in 15 minutes. Let's just say I had a few beers before the bet.

I also get their chicken on the barbie, seasoned with sea salt and pepper, no BBQ, steamed veggies no butter, and a salad with no cheese or croutons, and a lite balsamic vinaigrette salad.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, I LOVE Outback! I always eat it on my free day so I get whatever I want.

Usually it's the Bloomin' Onion, Outback Special 6oz steak, House salad with Ranch and Stemmed veggies with bread. For dessert, the cheesecake with chocolate sauce!

Darn you! Now, I'm craving Outback! :*(
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    you've not been!? LOVE the blooming onion but definitely NOT healthy. I wouldn't try to eat well at Outback if I had a gift cert. I'd skimp on breakfast & lunch, work out like a demon and PIG OUT on bloomin' onion, tall drinks and a juicy steak.

Not that I recommend it, just sayin' I know me
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Always my restaurant of choice for healthy options. I get the 6oz sirlion, no seasoning with plain baked potato (I don't eat the skin here because of the salt) and either unseasoned asparagus or broccoli. Full meal with lots of flavor as I add pepper. I also get butter on the side and dip my fork for the potato a small bit. I end up with butter that looks unused. Less sodium this way as sauced options have a ton. I also get veggies, protein, and delicious carbs. All works into my plan too.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I heard the Aussie Fries have the most fat of any fast food?