Needing some encouragement today!

Options
Good morning!
I had a tough night last night and now this morning. Emotional eating is my issue. I know I will get back on track. It was just a small blip in my journey, I could use some motivation today if anyone can spare some. :smile:

This is a great comminuity and use it every day for the last 35 days. Need to keep on going....

Thanks in advance!

Daryl

Replies

• PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey we all have those days......baby steps......you'll get back on track.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    hey daryl,

the way i look at day that starts off bad is that i can either continue to have a bad day, and make the people around me have a bad day too, or snap out of whatever funk i am in and have a better day. you control you. do something positive, something small to change the mood around. listen to one of your favorite songs or check out an article on your favorite sports team or something. take 5 minutes and research where you want to take your hike. keep the big picture in mind, last night and this morning are small hiccups on a huge screen. make your next decision a positive one. positivity breeds more positivity. enjoy the day!
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes - 1 day in 35 is a blip! A teeny, tiny blip. Knowing that means that you can treat it as what it is - just one of those days and knowing that you can do that means that the next time one of those days comes along, you know you will handle it even better.

Hang in there - if our relationship with food was just about physical nutrition, no one would be overweight and everyone would be happy with themselves....it is always about more than that, and the fact that you know that means you are on the way to changing that emotional eating thing and a whole lot more.

Tomorrow is another new day - Carpe diem :wink:
  • wfaulk
    wfaulk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am one who has the same problem with my eating... just hold you head high and realize that one bad day does not have to lead to anymore... pick up and remember the reason you are on this in the first place and all the support that is out here and you will get back on track and be top of you game again..
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Couple of quotes which help me are:

will power is a muscle, the more you flex it, the stronger it gets

and

you will never regret a workout - but you will regret missing one

hope your day gets better xx
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cut your losses and start fresh today, you'll be fine! And go bust your *kitten* in the gym or in the park!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Don't let slip up's ruin your efforts. That is always easier said than done, but if you can just forgive yourself and move forward you will be rewarded with progress. :) Hang in there, we all have those bad days...or weeks sometimes!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us- just get back on the wagon and start fresh-

In the imortal words of Scarlette O'Hara "Tomorrow is another day"!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Your day will be better simply because you have acknowledge the behavior from yesterday. Now don't wallow here and keep it moving. I am an emotional eater too, but I know that everyday that I get up and make better food choices it a day that I am winning. And today, you will win too.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Daryl,

We do all have them. I had one too last night and feel horrible today...tired and sluggish. I plan to log all day, go to the gym at lunch, and think positive :) We get do-over's the next new day. Have a great day today!
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. There is no time limit, just start fresh today. Also try and look at this as a lifestyle change and not something that you HAVE to do for now and will stop later. Healthy eating and exercise should be with you always, maybe just on different levels.
    Cheer up, smile and be happy even if you're not.....you'll have a better outcome with a more positive outlook.
    Good luck, you can do this :flowerforyou:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Everyone else pretty much said what i was going to say. It is only one day...we all have those days. When it happens you just gotta take a step back and look at how far you've come, And don't let it get you down :)
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    Don't feel bad about falling off the wagon. The important thing is that you have the will power to get back on. Don't feel bad about the past - feel good about your positive focus to the future.

Easter was tough but I was able to get through it without going over my calories. My sister-in-law had the most beautiful deserts ever. They looked like they belonged in a magazine and that's where my mind put them. Her skinny daughters were trying to get me to eat them but I said, "no". The entire experience made me grumpy for a few days.

My sister gave me this tip about food urges: When I gets those urges I tell myself to wait 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes are over I tell Myself to wait another 15 minutes until it never happens.
  • Bigdcub1975
    Options
    Keep up the good work buddy. Everyone will have a bad day now and then but keep going strong. People like you inspire even when you don't know it.
  • cjbennett2012
    cjbennett2012 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, just do 30 mins - 1 hour of exercise today and burn off some of those calories, shrug it off as a minor slip and do not take it as a defeat.

Eat well for the remainder of the day and drink plenty and try to enjoy the rest of your day :)

Chris
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    One bad day and you're back on it - you're my hero! I usually let one bad day turn into one bad weekend turn into - hey, back up 2lbs!

I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You saw that you ate emotionally, you stopped, and now you're back here - that's awesome!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and you can do!!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater as well. And it doesn't seem to matter much the emotion. Anger, stress, boredom, happiness, all can and have at times caused me to want to eat. The thing that is most helpful to me when I want to turn to food is write about it. Do some soul searching and write about why you are feeling that way and what it makes you want to do. Usually when I go through this process I have dealt emotinally with whatever it is that is making me want to turn to food and I have more control. Good luck!
  • chellk71
    chellk71 Posts: 69
    Options
    emotional eater here too.......

One bad day is not the end all. Its a hiccup. Up and at em. Lets go. HUGS!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Get to the gym and focus on your workout. I find that always helps me forget the issues I may be facing at the time and I always seem to have a little better outlook after my workout.