Post-Pregnancy eating habbit blues!

Options
I know soo many women have been there before, you gain WAY too much weight with a pregnancy as well as a love for Oreos and other horrible foods! However, I had just lost 80lbs before I got pregnant and now I've got to lose it all over again! 30 pounds down only 50 more to go thus far, but dang this whole weight loss thing takes a while.... Any suggestions as to how to avoid grabbing those yummy Easter jelly beans that are hiding in my pantry? lol! What do you do to keep yourself on the right track? :)

--Linn

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    omg i too used "i just had a baby" as an excuse to pretty much eat whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted. For me a big thing is just not keeping those types of foods in the house. the other part - so annoying - is that darn "willpower" LOL. eating the candy will be a fleeting joy. saying "no" is one step closer to a much more satisfying goal!

when all else fails keep a stash of those 100 calorie oreo packs somewhere!!!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i do too Ill sy I just hd a baby but shes 13 months or my standby is I had 7 kids you know LOL but you know Ive lsot 47 pound now so I know its possible
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My baby is 14 months old and although I only gained 14 lbs during the entire pregnancy, I gained 20 lbs in the months following her birth! I ate so healthy and exercised regularly during, then had to have a c-section and was forced to not exercise for 6 weeks. This totally got me out of my routine, then I started sitting around eating horrible foods and having my husband bring home fast foods for dinner because I didn't have the energy to cook and clean. I am now struggling to lose that 20 lbs plus the additional 30 or so that needs to go! It seems so much harder to lose it now than it did before!
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi. iv got a 2 year old, i weighed 136 before i got pregnant, and ended up weighing 193! i no alot of factors contributed to it, but i have lost 23 pounds so far, and i have really got in to the exercise and eating what i need to now in the past couple of weeks. just got to get in the groove as they say :) you will be fine xxx