Help me!! I miss potato chips!!

Options
I SOO bad want to sit down with a big ol bag of Lays Potato chips and some french onion dip! HELP!!!!!!:sad:

Replies

• michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chips and dip are one of my biggggg temptations!!! I can't keep them in the house or I'll go nuts! We went to a party a week ago where I was confronted with a big ol bowl full, I'm ashamed to say I practically inhaled them....no willpower at all! I can't lie, they were soooo good, but I truly felt pretty gross afterwards, and ended up gaining weight! I hope you are able to resist, or at least limit yourself, I think a few now and then are ok, my problem is I can never, ever stop at a few!! Good luck!!!!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    try to find a healthy sub..it wont be the same, but it might satisfy those cravings!! you could make your own baked parsnip chips or use any other startchy veggie, salt 'em up and spread on laughing cow french onion spread? i think its fun to "get creative" when it comes to healthy eating!!

GL & STAY STRONG!! you'll feel awful after you indulge and it won't be worth it!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lays makes a baked version of potato chips ... if you just have to eat chips
  • mamnboston
    Options
    eat carrots and hummus instead...baked pita chips or sun chips as substitutes
  • pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I Love chips & dip also...I've replaced them with a few almonds so far it's worked...I had to find something to take it's place, I don't ever want to go back to my old eating habits, chips & dips are the kinda foods/junk that got me over weight in the first place.
    I want to lose weight and get healthy this time:)
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pampered Chef sales a microwave potato chip maker. You use potatos, a little seasoning pop in micro 3-5 min and BAM!!!.. potato chips
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I may be the devil's advocate here, but nothing says you CAN'T have some so long as it fits into your daily calories.

Weigh out a serving of the chips and a serving of dip and count the calories. Plan for it with exercise. No biggie

Whatever you choose, stay strong!
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat them. I count out a serving and put it in a separate bowl. Get your absolute favorite tasting ones and eat them slowly. Just don't sit down with the whole bag because you won't be able to stop. But with a serving, you will indulge in your craving.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Tell you what. I used to eat 10-12 25g bags of what you call chips (we call them crisps) a day. I really love the crunchiness of crisps. *slurp* But I now eat about 1 25g bag a week. If I can do it, you can, too!

I've actually got a few bags in the kitchen but they've sat in the cupboard for maybe 6 months. I look at them and know that if I eat them, I'm doing the opposite of what I need goal-wise.

Stay strong!
  • Jurliquelux
    Options
    Have you ever tried making kale chips? They are crunchy delicious and loaded with vitamins. Make sure you use a lot less oil then they really call for and rub the washed, dried kale well with your fingers to coat a fine layer of oil on each leave. I do this in a large bowl before I break apart the leaves into smaller pieces because this step can get messy. These are the best crispy thing to replace your need for potato chips. Add seasoning if you like, steak seasoning anything that you think will taste good.

Ingredients

1 bunch kale
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt
    Directions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

I hope this scratches the itch.
    All the best.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Special K Chips? I bought some as a potato chip substitute but I have not opened the box yet. I guess I don't miss the chips as much as I thought I would. :laugh:
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    they're my absolute downfall..i can't have any at all when i'm losing weight because it would lead me into a massive binge...I feel your pain !!

xx
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    What part are you missing? The crunch? salt? texture? If you can figure out that, finding a substitute might be easier.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Vegtable Sticks...

Sam's has my favorite.

Love them :-)
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have an 18g bag as a treat and I count the 95 cals in my calorie intake
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are so good! Easy to do as well!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Measure out a serving and enjoy every bite. Just don't eat the family-size bag...
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I dont know where you live but the special k cracker chips are really good. you can eat 27 chips for 110 calories the sodium is a little high but that is anything water wont fix.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Pampered Chef sales a microwave potato chip maker. You use potatos, a little seasoning pop in micro 3-5 min and BAM!!!.. potato chips

I have this and it's AWESOME!!! Second this recommendation. No oil on the chips at all. Just potato and salt (or other seasoning) and it crisps up just like the bagged chips.
  • NemoDog
    NemoDog Posts: 61
    Options
    Blue Menu (Loblaws) not sure if you have them where you are have low fat kettle chips you can have a very decent serving size for 230 calories, I fir them into my diary evey couple days :D