Protein powder recipes

Options
katatak1
katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
Hey guys,

I have a serious aversion to protein. I've been a vegetarian since the age of 3, and so my protein intake has been severely limited. I don't much care for the taste of protein. The problem is, I have PCOS and insulin resistance. As such, I should really be getting much more protein to control my weight. I bought some protein powder, but I can't stomach the stuff mixed with liquids. It just tastes awful. I've tried multiple brands too.

So my question is, does anyone have any good recipes for protein powder (not mixing it with fluid, no smoothies)? I'm going to stick with more tofu instead of protein powder (tofu pancakes and tofu lasagna are great!), but I'd like to use the protein powder instead of throwing it out. And if I can find a good recipe that would be great because tofu still has more fat than I'd like.

Replies

• bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well, i've just ordered some unflavoured protein powder as i'm not getting enough in my diet - and i'm not planning on drinking it as a shake! I had planned on adding some to my morning oatmeal and perhaps making some protein bars to have on the go.
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this lady's blog on here yesterday and she has a TON of protein powder receipes for things like crepes, pumpkin bread, lemon blueberry muffins, etc.

http://www.stephaniedotfitness.com/search/label/Breakfast
  • Acer321
    Acer321 Posts: 12
    Options
    I mix vanilla protein powder with sugar free jello...(I use the magic bullet to really make sure it's mixed completely) and then it makes an almost layered dessert type thing. I add some cool whip and it's a real treat but very low carb (which is what I try to follow)
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    These are great! Thanks for the ideas, and I appreciate the link awal.

I also found a recipe for protein powder pancakes (just mix with egg whites and sugar substitute). I haven't tried them yet, but I think I'll give it a shot this weekend :)