How many calories should I be eating!!??? HELP?!?!

I want to know how many calories I should be eating! MPF says 1200, but I'm reading otherwise on other sites? How do you figure out how many to eat? I'm 5'2, female, and weigh 185.

ANY help or suggestions would be great! THANKS!

Replies

• kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Have you set your weekly loss to either 0.5lb or 1lb any higher and it will restrict you too much
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Overall, you will lose weight if you burn more than you eat. So yes, you can eat 1200 and be fine.

However, if you're concerned about feeling too hungry, or really you just don't like the idea of that much restriction (many don't, and you do not have to restrict that hard to lose weight!), I suggest finding your TDEE on fitnessfrog.com and subtracting 500 per day. You'll lose a pound a week and you won't feel too terrible.

The BEST way is to up your level of fitness, do strength training, up your protein, reduce calories by 250-500 from your TDEE, and eat less junk food. If you add in additional exercise not factored into your TDEE, eat back half the exercise calories.

It takes a while, but you'll see better results and you'll feel better getting there.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Overall, you will lose weight if you burn more than you eat. So yes, you can eat 1200 and be fine.

However, if you're concerned about feeling too hungry, or really you just don't like the idea of that much restriction (many don't, and you do not have to restrict that hard to lose weight!), I suggest finding your TDEE on fitnessfrog.com and subtracting 500 per day. You'll lose a pound a week and you won't feel too terrible.

The BEST way is to up your level of fitness, do strength training, up your protein, reduce calories by 250-500 from your TDEE, and eat less junk food. If you add in additional exercise not factored into your TDEE, eat back half the exercise calories.

It takes a while, but you'll see better results and you'll feel better getting there.

Agreed!

Based on some things I've read, it will also be harder to maintain your weight loss if you continue to eat 1200 calories to lose weight because it will slow down your metabolism!!!