Nightmare eating out Kcals!

Options
Hi everyone, Im going to eat out in a restaurant called Tamatanga tonight and i have no idea of the calories in anything! I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what would be best to eat. Thanks.

Replies

• awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods do they serve?
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to their menu. Their website doesn't give any nutritional information, but I think you can probably find general nutrition info elsewhere for the types of Indian cusine served there.

http://www.tamatanga.com/currybowlsandmore.pdf

and their website:

http://www.tamatanga.com/
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    Yeah i already looked at their menu, thanks, Its so annoying that they dont put the kcals on the menu! I think it should be a legal requirement.

Its indian food, but healthier, not as oily and stuff.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Looking over the menu. I should be able to give you recommendations. Be mindful of portion sizes. And A LOT of Indian food is already in the database, so at least you can get a ballpark approximation.

Pretty much anything on the Tandoor Plates is going to be "grilled", so to speak, and would be healthier.
    The veggie options all look good, except for paneer/daal makhani (makhan = butter).
    Obviously, avoid anything with 'creamy' in the description.

Are there any particular dishes you are leaning towards?
  • devonette
    Options
    Let us know what you ended up eating!
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    Had tandoori king prawns, was yummy! I went a bit over my kcals with a glass of wine aswell, but some times you need a treat! :)
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    Oh also since then i emailed them and they replies saying that they were working on adding the nutritional values of each meal to their website! YAY!
  • devonette
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds delicious! I hope they will follow through and add the nutritional values to their website! I wonder if that would draw more customers?