Need gym workout routine ideas

Options
Hey, my husband and I just got our gym membership yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone had any gym workout routines for beginners? There is so many different machines at the gym, and I don't know where to start!! lol I am looking to lose fat & tone my body. Please help! :)

Replies

• baconsgirl
    baconsgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is always great for beginners. You can start out with manual and increase the resistance as your mile time gets shorter. And, you can play with it: I love the aerobic mode, around the world and interval (both under hill).

Good luck and have fun!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ask the staff at the gym. Share with them your fitness goals, current fitness level and what you are specifically looking to accomplish. Ask questions before you use the machines to ensure you are using them correctly and reduce risk of injury. That is why the staff are there - to help you.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The three times I've joined a gym, they always came with a couple of free personal training sessions. If your gym offers this, take advantage of it! Your trainer will show you the machines you need to work on and how often to use them. Also grab a schedule of classes, you may find that you like classes as well.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the eliptical.

Or for even less: 20 minutes eliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill
    10 minutes on the stair climber, 20 minutes on the eliptical.

As you keep working, you could do 20 minutes on all of the machines. 20 minute bike, 20 minute stair, 20 minute treadmill, 20 minute eliptical, etc.