Sushi?

vrdz3215
vrdz3215 Posts: 493
edited September 19 in Recipes
Okay, so I am a sushi fanatic and was very disappointed when I found out that the caloric value for sushi rolls is pretty high....does anyone know a way to make it with less cals?
My fav is a california roll....mmmmm

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    I don't have an answer for you. The calories come mostly from the rice. I love sushi, so when I have it, I leave caloric room for it, or try to. You can make it with brown rice - that will at least give substance to those calories b/c white rice is just carbs. Or, you can do sashimi - just the raw fish, w/o rice. But then..that's no california roll. Now you have me wanting sushi!!!
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Thanks for making me crave sushi. :laugh: I usually get sashimi and then maybe split a roll with someone. Also things with avocado or cream cheese in them are obviously going to be higher in calories and fat.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    :flowerforyou: I so want sushi now!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Go sashimi style, they usually have an entree like that. Skip anything labeled "Spicy" that means mayo. Also avoid tempura. I usually order a roll with just tuna and cucumber. That has 184 cals, plus a plate of sashimi. It's not bad at all actually!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    um the brown rice is healthier... I stay away from fried and any sauces but i do sushi on a splurge day :) I dont care I love sushi.... :)
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    um the brown rice is healthier... I stay away from fried and any sauces but i do sushi on a splurge day :) I dont care I love sushi.... :)

ya try the "brown rice sushi" some places make, other dont. I had a spider roll the other day that was maybe around 3-400 for the entire roll, if I'm remembering correctly. It also came with some edamame which helps fill you up (protein), followed before and after with tons of water.
This discussion has been closed.