My 60lb weight loss success story, at 51 years old.

Options
2»

Replies

• shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your story and pic's. I am 56 in years but I am currently on a quest to "turn back the clock." Besides participating in MFP I recently began P90X. I am a shorty and you are right about how much is the right amount to eat. I am a former marathon runner(Big Sur, Boston and New York) and could pretty much not concern myself with what I ate. That was then and this is now. So my goal for the rest of my life is to be as fit and healthy as I can be. Also I broke my leg last summer so going through the 8 month recovery was a total wake up call. So here's to super fitness for everyone of all ages!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    DANG! That is awesome!!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Flipping hell! I thought you had a motivational photo as your user pic... then I checked out your profile! You're amazing!
  • phfactor40
    Options
    Wow, I almost cried when I read your story, this is exactly how I feel inside. I have been done marathons, half marathon, 5K and 10K and cannot shed a pound. At this point I am not concerned with the weight but more with toning. By the way, we are the same age. Can you share some suggestions for toning and shaping? Not trying to look like you (and probably do not have the body structure) but I know it could look much better. Currently I go to the gym and do the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, and do the machine with weights, run/walk a three days a week, spinning class once a week, aqua aerobics twice a week, Zumba once a week. The problem is I am not doing enough weight training since I do not know how or where to start. YOU ARE AN AMAZING INSPIRATION! Thank you for just reading my post.
  • ChefTamiCinNC
    ChefTamiCinNC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So glad you thought enough of all of us to share your story! Your story will help many..including me! Funny thing is that I let MFP hold me accountable when my co-workers and family are continuing to make bad choices right in front of me! MFP might just be a website but it might as well be a personal trainer with a whip! I do not want to let it down! If I am having a bad day I can come here and get encouragement from total stangers but for whatever I feel like they are my close personal friends! Thanks again for sharing!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    OMG you look amazing!!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wow, I almost cried when I read your story, this is exactly how I feel inside. I have been done marathons, half marathon, 5K and 10K and cannot shed a pound. At this point I am not concerned with the weight but more with toning. By the way, we are the same age. Can you share some suggestions for toning and shaping? Not trying to look like you (and probably do not have the body structure) but I know it could look much better. Currently I go to the gym and do the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, and do the machine with weights, run/walk a three days a week, spinning class once a week, aqua aerobics twice a week, Zumba once a week. The problem is I am not doing enough weight training since I do not know how or where to start. YOU ARE AN AMAZING INSPIRATION! Thank you for just reading my post.

if you are lost on weight training you could look at www.bodybuilding.com and try Jamie Eason LiveFit thats a great learning curve for getting into weight training.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I hope you can see my pictures:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/16440072

I added a couple of BEFORE pictures there at the end.

I also have pictures at this website:
    http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/californiagirl_bobbie/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!