What do you do when you are STILL hungry?

Options
What do you do when you just had your meal but still feel a little hungry?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    re-evaluate what you are choosing for meals most likely. How long has this been going on?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Drink some water and do what Banks just said.
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    I do one of the following: drink a full glass of water, eat a 100 calorie snack pack or chew sugar free gum (Orbitz, etc)...it works for me when I allow it to meaning that when I'm in my "overeater" mode none of the listed items work but when I'm in control it works great. It takes a while to adjust though...good luck!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    still hungry after you eat? or imbetween meals? Like banks says you probably need to make sure your getting all the right stuff into your meals. Some foods burn through your system faster than others, some make you feel more full. Drinking water will help. And make sure you're not under eating. My nutritionist said that in general it's best to eat 5-6 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones, so maybe try that out and see if it works better for you.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Gum, jello or a ton of watermelon. Better yet? Get away from any food, it may pass (delayed reaction to eating).

Oh, another one. I can't get over how satisfiying those Yoplait Light cups are. They're pretty yummy too.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wait about 20 minutes to see if its a delay in your body responding to being full. I eat quickly so this happens to me a lot.
    You can always try the drink a glass of water and see if your still hungry trick. Or just load up on some good green veggies until you feel full (great way to get full without ruining your calorie budget and veggies are good for you :wink: )
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Drink water, or sugarfree gum, usually after the water (Drink until I need to stop) I am fine
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I normally drink a glass of water if i'm still hungry. try eating smaller meals throughout the day. healthy snacks and fruit works for me.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    good question :flowerforyou: also I'd like to add, to get away from the food by getting busy doing something else. if your still hungry after that, then maybe it's really hunger and then eat something healthy.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Like others here I as well drink a glass of water before I eat. For me as well eating slower helps me as well. Try it out.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I too eat quickly so maybe that is it. I had some tea and I am not feeling as hungry anymore.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    It usually happens during my lunch just because I go home for lunch and it takes time to prepare my meal and then I end up eating quickly. Also, I just started eating better so maybe my body is going through withdrawal from the bad foods I usually eat. I am actually taking portion sizing, etc into consideration since I REALLY want to lose weight. Plus I am cutting down on the carbs due to my PCOS.

I guess I will see how next week turns out. Im more than sure its food withdrawal.
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Try fixing that noon meal the evening before so it's mostly prepared - that way you have time to enjoy it. That in itself might be satisfying. I have to take my breakfast and my lunch to work with me, and so being prepared is necessary. If it's not ready before I head out to work, I go without and believe me - - that's no good! Drink water before you eat too... so you're brain is signaling "getting full" before you even actually eat. If you can, try to eat smaller meals 5 times each day. I'm doing 1210 calories per day, and I eat plenty and often - I just make good quality food choices. Withdrawl isn't an issue - this lifestyle change would not work if I couldn't eat enough to satisfy me. Re-evaluate your food choices perhaps.
  • ninazisko
    ninazisko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating vegetables. When I say vegetables I do not mean potatoes, peas etc. I mean cabbage (which includes cauliflower, broccoli etc). Personally I eat anywere from 4-6 Lbs of veggies per day. Trust me, I never feel hungry after my meals.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating vegetables. When I say vegetables I do not mean potatoes, peas etc. I mean cabbage (which includes cauliflower, broccoli etc). Personally I eat anywere from 4-6 Lbs of veggies per day. Trust me, I never feel hungry after my meals.

4-6 lbs a day? wow, that's a lot of veggies. How do you afford it? At an average of $1.50 per pound or so, thats like 50 bucks a week, just in veggies. Course if you eat that many veggies I guess you cut down on other stuff.
  • dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Definitely make sure you're eating enough--also make sure you don't eat too fast. When I eat too fast I'm still starving afterwards because my body hasn't had time to digest yet and I still want food! Usually if you wait it out it'll pass. It's also good to eat light healthy meals all thorughout the day so that you never feel like you're depriving yourself!
    Try drinking a glass of water before you eat and a full glass right after your meal as well!
  • Shopaholic82
    Options
    Drink a cup of warm tea... or eat fruits. Well, I don't like to deprived my self, so whenever I still feel hungry I'll eat a little amount of foods. Wont ruin your diet ..