• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11.5 and currently 169lbs

I eat 1600 + exercise calories.
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I initially was doing 1200 because that is what MFP put me at, but I was tired all the time, so I upped it to 1475 (my BMR) plus I eat back my exercise calories. I feel much better and have lost 8 pounds since I've been on here (about 2-3 weeks)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    1732 (about 1950-2130 on exercise days)
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1700 is for me to lose 1 lb per week. I'm just starving!

If you are "starving" at 1,700, my initial thought is that you are not eating the right food.

A turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread with light cheese and veggies for 300 calories will satisfy you a LOT longer than a processed, frozen Lean Cuisine.

Is your food diary open for us to see?

ETA: I eat 1,500 a day and I am full and satisfied all day. You can friend me and view my food diary if you want.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I joined the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group in here, and I am currently eating 2400 cals a day which is TDEE - 15% for me.
    Im 5'7 and 238 pounds. Granted I am still in repair mode so I havent seen the losses yet, but I feel much better inside right now

Come join the group and you can stop starving yourself to lose weight:) Lots of great people down there who have proven you can eat over 2000 cals a day and lose the weight:)
  • stardivap413
    Options
    1700 is for me to lose 1 lb per week. I'm just starving!

If you are "starving" at 1,700, my initial thought is that you are not eating the right food.

A turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread with light cheese and veggies for 300 calories will satisfy you a LOT longer than a processed, frozen Lean Cuisine.

Is your food diary open for us to see?

ETA: I eat 1,500 a day and I am full and satisfied all day. You can friend me and view my food diary if you want.

I do eat a lot of those frozen so called healthy meals that are extremely high in sodium, could be the reason I don't stay full long?
  • stardivap413
    Options
    I joined the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group in here, and I am currently eating 2400 cals a day which is TDEE - 15% for me.
    Im 5'7 and 238 pounds. Granted I am still in repair mode so I havent seen the losses yet, but I feel much better inside right now

Come join the group and you can stop starving yourself to lose weight:) Lots of great people down there who have proven you can eat over 2000 cals a day and lose the weight:)

that is awesome, I will join the group! how do I find out my TDEE?
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1500 and 2500 every day depending on how much I have exercised.

U can definitely eat more than 1200- please check out what your BMR is and try not to eat under that. At 256 lb u can lose on far more than 1200 there is no need to starve x
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    I usually net at around 1100 calories. I say net, because I exercise every day and I usually eat closer to 1400-1500.

You can eat whenever you feel hungry, you just need to make good choices, and if you really fancy something naughty, put in a little extra exercise. it doesn't have to be a lot, but its astonishing how quickly all the exercise calories start adding up. I earned over 300 extra calories today! :)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Between 1650 and 2400 a day, depending on how much exercise I do.
    I am maintaining though, not aiming to lose anymore.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    2700 - 3000 or as many as I can eat. Burn so many calories exercising I have a hard time eating them back.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I do eat a lot of those frozen so called healthy meals that are extremely high in sodium, could be the reason I don't stay full long?

I truly believe that's why you are so hungry. You should be eating "whole" foods, not that overly-processed stuff from the freezer.

Shop the perimeter of your store. Buy vegetables and fruits and lean meats and fish. Cook real food for yourself and you will stay fuller longer.

Food you "cook" is going to keep you much more satisfied than food you "heat up."
  • stardivap413
    Options

I truly believe that's why you are so hungry. You should be eating "whole" foods, not that overly-processed stuff from the freezer.

Shop the perimeter of your store. Buy vegetables and fruits and lean meats and fish. Cook real food for yourself and you will stay fuller longer.

Food you "cook" is going to keep you much more satisfied than food you "heat up."

You have convinced me! I will go shopping and buy healthier foods. I did not even think about those diet foods and figure they could be the issue. Thanks girl
  • hglmin
    hglmin Posts: 33 Member
    Options

How do I find this group??
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600-1900 per day and exercise 400-500/day
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Try to add fruits and veggies into your diet. This will leave you feeling fuller for the lowest calorie vaules. If you don't particularly like vegetables, then you can combine them with foods you do like. I tend to eat my broccoli with a thin crust pizza. I do popcorn chicken but mixed in salad with lowfat dressing. Eating fruits and vegetables give me the biggest bang for fullness. I also eat fiber bars. Friend me and you can see my food journal and ask more questions. I eat 1580 or 1560 a day, and more on exercise days.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700-1900 cals per day, sometimes more on workout days. MFP had me at 1720 to lose a pound per week, but i upped my cals so I'm set to lose only 1/2 pound a week. I usually come under by 200 or more anyway. I just hate seeing the red numbers, and it was stressing me out.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My MFP is set to lose a pound a week so my BMR is 2300 a day, I am currently eating 3200 calories a day (I eat back 85-90% of my exercise calories per my Polar FT60 Heart rate monitor) and am avg. a pound a week loss...
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just go by mfp, I haven't done any other calculators out there yet. I'm 162lbs and 5'6'' and set at losing 1lb a week, gives me 1380 cals on normal days, exercise days I earn 300-500 more.
    You can do it! you'll figure it out soon! lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean meat. I'm still working on this too, personally, its a process.
  • psucsi
    psucsi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Target is 1970 a day when balancing intake and exercise. Most days I am a little under, some days I am a little over. What has helped, is that I have not denied myself any of my normal foods, which could you some improvement there but that is another battle to work on. I have lost about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week so far. Clothes are fitting again. You can do it, hang in there. Drink water on a regular basis to help fight hunger signals. Plus in the evening, after I have logged in supper, if I got some room to spare on the net calorie balance - a couple Hershey kisses with cold non-fat milk makes it all worth while.

Oh, when setting goals I shoot for smaller, short term goals and then roll them into a continuing winning situation. Like losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks. You can continually reset goals, build confidence and satisfaction.