Need feedback & any help...

Options
Hi everyone! I just joined today and just started my weight loss journey yesterday. I have a long way to go with a goal of 115lbs. My starting weight yesterday was 195 and today I was 192. I started Zumba at home yesterday and cut out the soda. My biggest challenge (and it always has been) is my diet. I am a very picky eater with a limited palette. I've never put ON weight from my eating but it is still a challenge every day. Only time I've ever gained weight was with each pregnancy but then had trouble taking it back off. So not sure how big of an issue my eating habits are, but I want to do this right. I'm mostly a big meat eater, with limited veggies and no fruits (yeah not good I know). So now I'm facing the difficulty in figuring out what to eat. I'm a Southern gal so I've grown up eating foods cooked a certain way. I do enjoy grilling and baking when I can, but it doesn't always happen. Any tips you can give me would be tremendous. How have any of you overcome extreme eating difficulties? I have anxiety with my eating and have since I was a small child. I am also extremely apprehensive about trying new foods. Help!

Replies

• Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Try and pick one new thing a week to try. Over time our likes do change so don't think that because you didn't like something as a kid that you don't like it now. When you can grill, fill up the grill. You can wrap up left overs to use through out the week. Grilled left over chicken on salad is great.

Good luck!!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I had similar issues with eating when I started this journey--you're definitely not alone! My most recent conquest was vegetables--learning to eat more of them and deal with the fact that they're not exactly the most delicious of creatures. Congratulations on cutting out soda, though! That is a fantastic step; you save so many calories that way (not to mention all that sugar). I would say invest in a cookbook. Find something really highly rated on Amazon for low-calorie meals (a weight-loss friendly cookbook) and try a new recipe every week. I've found that it's not so much the food itself as the way it's prepared; I'm much happier to eat vegetables steamed or baked or sauteed than the way my mom cooked them for me as a kid (over-heated, slimy with margarine, ick!). Good luck!
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I got me a few of the Smart Ones dinners to try and I must say I like the fettucini a lot and I'm pretty picky with pasta. So looking forward to this challenge ahead of me.