A whole new motivation!! Tummy tuck here i come!

Options
artschoolgirl
artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
I'm sooooo excited! I made an appointment for a consultation for a tummy tuck in October & it's a one year waiting list to get in for the consultation. It's always felt like it was something I was just looking in to and didn't know if it would really be possible for me because i'm a fresh college graduate & I didn't know if i'd really be able to do the financial part of it. Well, out of the blue today they gave me a call just to check in with me, see how I was progressing with my weight loss and give me some additional information. They told me about some ways to pay for it to start looking in to it & come prepared with money. Then they told me that the surgery usually happens within two months of the consultation. So, by December 2009 I will finally have a flat stomach and get rid of the excess skin that i've been carrying for far too long. I could cry!! It feels like it's finally a reality & now i'm a committed gym rat!!!

Best of luck today everyone!

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I had a tuck done 3 yrs ago, best thing I ever did for myself, mine was to get rid of excess loose skin and stretch marks from childbirth. Now I can strut my stuff in a bikini and people can't tell i've even had 1 child let alone 8...it's amazing how it can make you feel...worth every penny!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    congratulations!!! it will be totally worth it. i had one 8 months ago and it was the best thing i have ever done!
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congrats!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! What a fun thing to look forward to! :happy:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad to see that some others have had the procedures & are happy with the results! I'm sooo thrilled!!!
  • dkyser
    dkyser Posts: 5
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
    I had mine done 9 months ago and it was so worth it :-)

~Donna
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering if I will have to have a tummy tuck after I loose my weight. I have had two kiddos and it really seems to stretch me out...:(
    I would love to know how your's goes. Congrats!!!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you ladies the price range of a tummy tuck? I am considering one once I am at my goal weight. Having a baby really took a tole on my body and I now have a lump of fat above my belly button that won't go away.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    But is it not painful that operation? :ohwell:

I am also worried that once I lose the wieght, I will have a flabby tummy, but I am not sure if I would be brave enought for a tummy tuck...
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/home.do

click on message boards... then scroll down to Abdominoplasty/TummyTuck.

That board is just as supportive as MFP. Read the Post-its at the top or ask questions, they are Awesome there.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I was told yesterday by the nurse that it will be between $9,000-$10,000(CAD) for the tummy tuck. Quite honestly, that's a bit cheaper than what I was expecting because my stomach is quite severe. Of course the recovery will take a while and be painful I'm sure, but I find it more painful to live with this excess skin around my body everyday & I haven't been able to enjoy and appreciate my weightloss. It's also physically painful for me because I cannot jog/run for more than 2 minutes due to the excess skin.

Anyways, thank you again for your support!!!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i got mine for $5000, and he was an amazing doctor!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I was told yesterday by the nurse that it will be between $9,000-$10,000(CAD) for the tummy tuck. Quite honestly, that's a bit cheaper than what I was expecting because my stomach is quite severe. Of course the recovery will take a while and be painful I'm sure, but I find it more painful to live with this excess skin around my body everyday & I haven't been able to enjoy and appreciate my weightloss. It's also physically painful for me because I cannot jog/run for more than 2 minutes due to the excess skin.

Anyways, thank you again for your support!!!

I'm in Ontario, paid wayyyy less then you've been quoted, Scarborough general hospital, Dr. Carleton, ask about the internship program, beautiful mansion hospital setting, excellent care, very discreet, it would be worth a freaking plane ticket, or via-rail ticket to save thousands !!
  • shrimpboatcaptn13
    shrimpboatcaptn13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to raise money to get surgery done too. My link is: http://www.gofundme.com/j292mc
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!