Trouble getting started...wondering where the results are :(

courtney_love2001
courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Been doing MFP for about a week and a half. I'm on the "lose 1 lb. a week" and I have stayed under my allotted calories and I have worked out 6 days a week (30 minutes cardio everyday + weights every other day). I have not lost any pounds yet, I've even seen a half pound increase. Feeling kind of down about it. Wondering how long everyone else took to see some results, even if it was just a pound?

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    If you are just starting, it can take 3-4 weeks of working out and eating right before you start to see a decline in your weight. your body needs time to adjust . if you know you are doing well, just try to not worry and be patient, it will happen. :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Some people (usually those who go from an obese, completely sedentary lifestyle) lose lots of weight right away, but for the rest of us, it takes a few weeks to kick in. Don't measure your progress to what anyone else does, your body is unique, and it will take what it will take. As Kimss said, as long as you're confident that your following the routine correctly, then give it time. If after 6 weeks or so you still see no progress, then maybe its time to go see a doctor and get your metabolism and hormone levels checked.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Like Kim said, your body may need to adjust.

Are you feeling better now than you were before you started? Are your clothes fitting a little better? Its not always about the number on the scale, but about how we feel in our own skin.

If you're feeling better than you are moving in the right direction and I'm sure you will start to see the number on the scale dropping, just keep doing what you are doing.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I know this is a touchy subject on the message boards, but make sure you're consuming the right number of calories for your body. Eating too few calories is almost as dangerous as eating too many! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Thanks for the support guys, I really needed it! I know it will be a slow process, and I must be patient :)

I do feel better though. Not feeling like taking naps or just laying around. I'm actually looking forward to exercising...I have my exercise clothes on now! I just want to look better and be more confident with myself.

Sometimes I do eat my exercise calories, but generally not all of them. Usually have 100 calories left for the day. Should I be eating them or not??

128647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Thanks for the support guys, I really needed it! I know it will be a slow process, and I must be patient :)

I do feel better though. Not feeling like taking naps or just laying around. I'm actually looking forward to exercising...I have my exercise clothes on now! I just want to look better and be more confident with myself.

Sometimes I do eat my exercise calories, but generally not all of them. Usually have 100 calories left for the day. Should I be eating them or not??

128647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

for most people 100 cals is usually an acceptable amount to leave on the table. Depends on where that brings you NET, but usually it's ok. I wouldn't worry about that. Just give yourself a little time to adjust, and I'll bet you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.