The 4 Day Diet

weaverc
weaverc Posts: 158
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone done the 4 Day Diet? I heard about it and was just curious if anyone has had good results.

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Never heard of it
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Please don't trick yourself with fad diets. the only way to lose the weight & keep it off is by changing you lifestyle. Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    If you only diet for 4 days how on earth would it stay off permenantly - it's a permenant life change that will make a permenant weight change....
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    I love how everyone replies with hasty judgmental comments when they didn't even look up the diet. As far as I can tell it is a diet that shifts your calorie/food variety consumption every 4 days to keep your metabolism from going stagnant. But not too sure past that, I agree with switching up your diet, not sure if I could commit to a strict pattern though. might work for some people though! good luck! :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Ok, I did some reading on this diet and don't judge a book by it's cover, hehe .. it's not a diet that lasts 4 days.

There are different meal modules and you basically change the eating plan every 4 days. There is also a lot of mental exercises, following the 80% mental, 20% physical approach (which looks similar to those found in Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle book).

The only down side I see is it doesn't address calorie needs. I don't know if the modules rotate from lower calorie days to higher calorie days but if that's the case, it might be similar to the zigzagging that some of the people here practice.

Anyway, just my observations from the bits of info I was able to google. I can't tell if it's worth $25, though the mental exercises could be worth it alone if you have issues with staying motivated when it comes to sticking with any meal plan, binging, cravings, etc.
  • weaverc
    I thought I would borrow it from the library just to read about it. I don't know if it is worth anything, but I have been at a plateau for four weeks now. I thought it might budge the scale.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I just read about it. Ahh, it's just another way to get people to buy a book, it doesn't do anything magical. It follows a layout similar to atkins or southbeach (not with regards to carbs so much as just the way it's set up) in that, you start out with a very limited amount and type of food, then you transition to more choices, then you have a full range of healthy choices.

Look, if that's what works for you, fine. But really, in the end it's no different then just plain making healthy food choices.

weaver, if you're stuck, then you should re-evaluate your own food choices, exercise routine, and goals, maybe tweak a bit of your calories and exercise. I don't know what you have tried yet, but sticking with the routine and making little changes to help yourself out are usually all it takes.

I wrote a little something on breaking plateaus here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning?hl=How+Plateau&page=1#posts-176732

see if any of those help.
  • weaverc
    Thanks for the information! I am going to try making some changes to my routine and see if shocks my metabolism into shape.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Has anyone done the 4 Day Diet? I heard about it and was just curious if anyone has had good results.

Hmmmm heard of the 3 day diet, did the 3 day diet but never the 4 day.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    I diet for four days, then fall off the wagon.:laugh: I have not found this method to be helpful.:tongue:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    It's kinda like the Fat Smash except the meal plan changes a bit every 4 days instead of a lot every 30 days or whatever.
This discussion has been closed.